cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t port my number out of public mobile

Dynac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why can’t I port my number out of public mobile? Public mobile keeps telling my new carrier that my number is inactive.

8 REPLIES 8

@Dynac wrote:

The eligibility check says my number is ineligible for porting

@Dynac  That check is to determine whether you can port your number from another provider TO Public Mobile, not from Public Mobile to another provider.

If your Public Mobile service is still active, I'd recommend using out this cycle's service (since you've already paid and there's no refund once you leave for partial services), then a few days before the end of this cycle, complete the port to another provider.

Bear in mind, porting to a new provider is ALL ON THE NEW PROVIDER to manage.   The provider you're leaving has no skin in the game so be sure to stay atop of the new provider's processes to ensure it occurs.

Best of luck!!!

@Dynac 

Sorry to hear. Your number are the roughly 1% that can’t be ported.

You will need to pick a new number but remember to login to your account online or website and unsubscribe to cancel your PM account.

Dynac

The eligibility check says my number is ineligible for porting

@Dynac 

If your account is active maybe try to see if your number is portable:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do;checktransfereligibilit... 

It would be weird if it can’t then contact a CS_Agent to help you with the issue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@Dynac When you initiate the port in request through a new carrier, you should get a text message on your Public Mobile sim to confirm port in request. You must reply to that text message to complete the port in request. 

Are you able to send/receive text and calls at the moment on your Public Mobile sim?

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dynac that should work, strange. Reach out to an agent by clicking the orange round circle in the bottom right corner and type: Customer Support Agent, they should be able to help you 

Dynac

My subscription just got renewed yesterday. The PM app says my account is active. I can call/text/use data with no problem.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dynac have you gone into your PM app or the website to confirm your account is still active? Can you call out and text with your PM SIM? Numbers cannot be ported out from inactive accounts

Need Help? Let's chat.