cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a new phone, how do I transfer my eSim to it?

Notsheldon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Subject says it all.

I bought a new phone after signing up with PM, using an eSim. How do I transfer my eSim from one phone to the other?

I tried contacting support but that tells me to put in a ticket. I put in a ticket but I have not been able to find the open ticket I submitted. I put in the ticket last night and did not receive any sort of email confirmation.

This should just be an option in the self-serve menu with text confirmation. It feels unnecessarily difficult for customers and a waste of resources for their customer service team.

8 REPLIES 8

EnduiCA

If I get a new esim on my new phone, will this be a new number or my existing one?

@Notsheldon  Completely agree. eSIM transfer to a new phone should be free. Just one of several quirks here that catch some folks. I recommend this to ameliorate the annoyance:

Take 3 before using SIMon.Take 3 before using SIMon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You cannot. You would need physical SIM to switch from phone to phone...

@Notsheldon 

to contact a CSA, best to use this link...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond to you.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Notsheldon  You will need to re buy a eSIM download the app on the new phone you have and log into your account and go to subscriptions add on page notice at the bottom is says shop sim now select it and choose eSIM , download and install it that’s it 

Handy1_0-1701361477936.png

Notsheldon

Ok but if they didn't have a solution to keep the convenience factor, like I have in the last bit of my post, PM should have realized they weren't prepared to support eSims properly.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Notsheldon 

You can’t transfer eSIM from one device to  another. You need to purchase a new eSIM  for $5 on second device.

Only drawback with eSIM not like a SIM where you just pop it out and put it into another device.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Notsheldon 

different phone requires a different esim...that's the downside of esim whereas hard sim can be transferred to different phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.