cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I added 40.25 but only 35.00 showed up what happened to the 5.25?

chadmac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I added 40.25 but only 35.00 showed up what happened to the 5.25?

12 REPLIES 12

@dabr wrote:

@chadmac   Your available funds won't include what you've already paid as taxes, but you won't be charged tax again using those available funds for renewal, purchasing add-ons or changing plans.

edit:  @CountyDownIeUk   according to OP's first post, they're paying 15% tax rate, so one of the maritime province?

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 2.49.03 PM.png

@chadmac   Your available funds won't include what you've already paid as taxes, but you won't be charged tax again using those available funds for renewal, purchasing add-ons or changing plans.

edit:  @CountyDownIeUk   according to OP's first post, they're paying 15% tax rate, so one of the maritime province?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Any amount of money you top up by...will be taxed. And the balance is always showing an after taxed amount. Any thing that you buy from you balance is not taxed. 

Top up $100 in BC and your balance will be $100 minus 12% in other words $100 - $12 = $88

I have not done a top up on the revised site. But on the old one if you hit a key the screen would refresh and show the taxes that would be taken.  

What province are you in and what is your tax rate?

chadmac

I had a 40.00 plan but now I paid an additional 5.00 so now 50.00 for a 40.00 plan. My taxes here are 15% which it comes to 46.00, shouldn't I have a 4.25 credit than?

@chadmac   Try refreshing self serve using the refresh icon bottom right of the page or use incognito/private mode to login again.

BTW, I'm assuming you're changing plans to the $40/15GB plan?  Make sure you select Change at Next Renewal option as PM doesn't prorate or refund for unused days left in your current cycle and also you select the correct $40 plan as there are two.  Use the arrow to scroll to the correct one.

chadmac

Added my visa debit now I put 50.00 on a 40.00 plan shouldn't it show I have a credit now?

chadmac

Now I paid 50.00 for a 40.00 plan put an additional 5.00 . Shouldn't it show a credit?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@chadmac  The available funds don't show the tax you paid for those funds.

edit:  sounds like the tax rate is closer to 15%? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @chadmac credit card charged you 40.25 but PM shows $35 because of tax

Prices show on My Account are before tax, when pay, PM will add tax on top

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Taxes

It should layout the taxes depending on what province you are in, but for instance I pay 40, and 45.20 comes off my card but 40 shows in my account. That is normal for any carrier.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@chadmac any service charge on your side. don't forget u need to pay 13% HST

dejavu89
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey, can you please confirm what exactly are you talking about? Did you add credit or a data package or an add-on?

Need Help? Let's chat.