cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Paid with a Voucher and still NO SERVICE!!!

jeudy889
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Let me start by saying that I CANT WORK WITHOUT MY CELL PHONE!!! I am ON CALL!!

I paid with a $40 Voucher, my payment shows on my account, my status says active, yet I CANNOT ACCEPT or MAKE CALLS!! I added another $10 thinking I missed the GST but nope.

This is NOT the first time this has happened so you guys better contact me quick to fix this.

And the best you can do is a chat bot who just refers you to a chat site where you can't even get a real person.

I NEED SOMEONE TO CALL ME?CONTACT ME/FIX THIS SO I DON"T LOSE MY JOB!!!

20 REPLIES 20

@emilija- Do you see a red indicator above the envelope icon in the upper right next to your balloon avatar?

I would just go ahead and try the suspend/resume anyway and see what happens.

emilija
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for that suggestion. I will give them 24 hours to resolve this and definitely try that if it is not working tomorrow.

@emilija- I wonder if using the lost/stolen function might force it. That would affect your next rewards payment but it might make it work.

emilija

Yes I have been a long time customer and promote Public Mobile to everyone I know. I have never had an issue like this before with Public Mobile. I made a manual payment it went through everything in my account up to date and it shows active so I assumed my phone worked yesterday after the payment went through and everything in my account shows as active, etc. Then today when I need to use it I see no active network on the screen. I paid Public Mobile to have a working cell phone when I need it. I submitted a ticket almost 2 hours ago and still do not have service. Why does Public Mobile immediately turn off their sevice on customers on auto pay rather than email a couple of notices allow 48 hours to update credit card? That would prevent these issues for everyone.

@emilija- Just updating the card does nothing on a suspended account. So you did make a manual payment? Do you see a future date for your plan? Does it show as active? Do you see the proper items in your payment history?

emilija

Same situation. I forgot to update my credit card on auto pay. I updated card and paid and no service 24 hours after payment.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

HEY STOP YELLING!

This is a community board. We are all customers. 
So screaming in all caps isn’t going to resolve anything.  The community is here for you to ask questions.  Posting polite questions here may get you some answers. 
If the community isn’t able to help, you need to contact a CS agent and wait for a reply. Public Mobile is self serve so nobody will be contacting you. 
Cell phones are important to everyone and every company occasionally has issues and yet it’s often something you need to fix yourself.
Posting threats and complaints on here won’t help anyone. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy wrote:
As a comment - it is Not a good idea to wait last day or renewal day to add funds to account.

This is good advice. I heartily agree that many subscribers could avoid many problems by always keeping enough funds deposited into Self-Serve account to pay for the next billing cycle. "Unexpected" technical problems are not exclusive to Public Mobile, they are a sad reality with all Canadian carriers.

Great advice for the future. But it doesn't really help the OP much at the moment.

jeudy889

I did that - It didn't work.

@jeudy889 wrote:

The $10 plan was a promotion last month I think...I thought maybe that was the issue but it still says I have 30 days of unlimited calling and texting so I don't know. I'm stuck.

I have not heard of any $10 plan????

Your account looks OK based on your screenshots.

Maybe voucher processing takes some time.

As a comment - it is Not a good idea to wait last day or renewal day to add funds to account. Maybe PM has some batch processing every few hours and even though you paid your bill it does not let you use service until that batch runs.

You can always ask agent for an explanation and clarification...

jeudy889

The $10 plan was a promotion last month I think...I thought maybe that was the issue but it still says I have 30 days of unlimited calling and texting so I don't know. I'm stuck.

Are you on rewards or points? Click on the quick link thing up top and use the lost/stolen function to suspend the account. Then log out and back in and resume the account. Then restart the phone. See if that does anything. It used to be a useful method to bump the service.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Restart the device, of course.

If the service status is active, your plan provisions (minutes, data, etc) are active, and you get good signal to the network in your location then your device will re-announce itself when it connects.

I suppose you could do this with Airplane Mode or a network reset somewhere in your settings, but it shouldn't be necessary and a full restart will correct any weird runtime or software errors.

jeudy889

Exactly...I have No idea how to fix this.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It all looks mostly fine. It seems to have taken your vouchers. It seems to have renewed. The next renewal is a month away. Just one oddity. There doesn't appear to be a $30 purchase of the other plan part. It's been done. But it's not showing.

jeudy889

That did not work.

@jeudy889   try power off the phone for a 2 mins before power up

start with check your voice call first to see if it works

if data is the only one with the issue, check if your device has data limit enabled, if it does, disable it

jeudy889

jeudy889_1-1682346327215.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jeudy889 

You might want to login My Account again using incognito mode and confirm the account status is Active once more.   Check also Payment history to confirm PM successfully took the money and renew the plan

Then  try to power off the phone for a minutes, power it back up and check

jeudy889

jeudy889_0-1682346266794.png

Need Help? Let's chat.