cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about recent charge after changing plans

erotavlas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, I originally had the 12GB for 3mo plan and switch to the the new promotion of 15GB for $40. Mu billing cycle is on the 22 of the month, I was last charged in January 22 for three months ending on April 22

When I switched plans I chose the option to continue the old plan and switch over on the date of the billing cycle (so April 22)

On April 22 I see a $21.47 charge on my credit card.  What is this for? Because technically I should not be charged anything until May 22 for the new plan month, because I am already paid up for all the time from January - April.

EDIT - me being charged on April 22 is correct, I forgot that the charges occur at the beginning of the month not at the end.

7 REPLIES 7

erotavlas

Yeah I figured it out, there were some reward bonus on my account making it a positive balance so thats why my charges were less than expected.  🙂

@erotavlas wrote:

Oh I see what you're saying, I forgot that as prepaid you pay upfront at the beginning of the month.  So yeah me being charged money on April 22 is correct however I suppose I was wondering about the amount.  I think it was the amount I was charged that had me confused.  If it's a mistake I'll gladly accept it 🙂

Even for postpaid account, customers pay in advance for the plan.  Postpaid only means that that there is a grace period before payment is due and that usage is billed afterward.  Please remember that Public Mobile's plans aren't by the month (nor 3 months).  Your current plan is 90 days long while all currently offered plans are 30 days long.  This can be important when it comes to knowing when paying is due as your renewals won't always be on the 22nd.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@erotavlas    Remember you are switching to a 30 day plan cycle (not 90 days as previously) so depending on how many rewards you've accumulated with referrals, loyalty and autopay, the $21.47 could be right or did you calculate something different?

@kutzki   Just a heads up that your link might need to be updated if you're using an older one as it doesn't actually go to any help page.

@erotavlas wrote:

Oh I see what you're saying, I forgot that as prepaid you pay upfront at the beginning of the month.  So yeah me being charged money on April 22 is correct however I suppose I was wondering about the amount.  I think it was the amount I was charged that had me confused.  If it's a mistake I'll gladly accept it 🙂

@erotavlas , I completely understand! 🙂

Please support a support ticket & ask for the CSA to look into the amount your were charged. It’s better to know then worry about what’s going on. I would ask if it was me.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

• Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

erotavlas

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@erotavlas wrote:

Hi, I originally had the 12GB for 3mo plan and switch to the the new promotion of 15GB for $40. Mu billing cycle is on the 22 of the month, I was last charged in January 22 for three months ending on April 22

When I switched plans I chose the option to continue the old plan and switch over on the date of the billing cycle (so April 22)

On April 22 I see a $21.47 charge on my credit card.  What is this for? Because technically I should not be charged anything until May 22 for the new plan month, because I am already paid up for all the time from January - April.

@erotavlas , you said your billing cycle would not end until April 22 so you will be billed on that day. If you waited until May 22 you wouldn’t have phone service until you paid May 22. Unless I am missing something!

Edit: I don’t know why you would be charged $21.47 instead of $40 plus tax for your new scheduled 30 day plan!

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with this. Might I suggest contacting support directly via the Live Chat bot found here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/ I'm sure a staff member can help you out.

I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with this. Might I suggest contacting support directly via the Live Chat bot found here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/ I'm sure a staff member can help you out.

You mention the date of your billing cycle is April 22nd to switch over, and you're saying on April 22nd they charge you (Correctly on the date of your billing cycle) but then you're saying May 22nd is the new billing cycle? They can not charge you the month AFTER for the service coming up.

Need Help? Let's chat.