cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Fiona

twocrazydots
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As I write this, I’m sitting in the dark in the eye of Fiona. It was a rough night. It looks like it will be a rough day. My power went out at 11pm last night and NSPower is showing an estimated date of Wednesday afternoon for restoration. Of course that means my home internet and WiFi are gone too. Public is now my lifeline. Of course, I just received the “you’ve used 95% of your data” text.

Does Public have any policy or history of adding data to the accounts of customers affected by natural disasters? If not I’ll buy a gig but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

12 REPLIES 12

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@twocrazydots 

Not sure whether you got the text from Public mobile

Use promo code 2GBFiona  for free 2GB data add on. 

prarsena
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I sent a note to CS and they said no when I asked if they could give extra as nothing was announced yet. They said something was coming we would likely get a text. 😕 

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@twocrazydots 

open ticket with PM support and ask them maybe they can given something.

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sendthistotraci

I'm in the same boat.running low on data already.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Telus and Eastlink announced they were waiving all overage fees till Sept 30 for data and long distance.  Rogers gave 50gb  and all the rest didn't announce anything yet

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, 50GB free from bell. Nothing from Telus 

Hi @prarsena that's definitely a good gesture for Bell and Virgin.  But did Bell's tier 3 provider Luxky doing the same?

Keep in mind those on Bell and Virgin are likely paying more monthly.  So, the extra monthly fees are like an insurance premium.   LoL

prarsena

Hope they come through for us! Cause Bell and Virgin Mobile just GAVE 50GB to their users in Hurricane Fiona to use between Sept 24-28 without having to ask. If PM doesn't step up, might be time to look elsewhere 😞

jemulock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same here. I'm in Bedford NS and lost power shortly after midnight sure to Hurricane Fiona. I have 31Mb of data left, and the estimated power restoration is Sunday 11pm. Not to mention that service is very sketchy.... likely some cell towers have Lost power and battery back up isn't working. I'm relying on a radio (old school) for media updates.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@twocrazydots I would contact the cs_agent just to see if they'll help you out with some data.  Last night bell and virgin gave some of their customers 50gb to use till Wednesday.  So far Rogers and Telus did not do anything.  Hopefully they'll give you something! 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@twocrazydots 

Generally pm does not offer to free data to customers during severe weather events. You could ask customer support for a one time goodwill gesture although I think it is unlikely that they would grant the request but they do consider it on a case-by-case basis. You can also consider renewing your plan early or changing plans to a higher data plan due to the unexpected loss of Internet services and home Wi-Fi if you think you will need more than just 1 GB to get through the next 5 days. This may be a more economical choice for you to make.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@twocrazydots Hi hope you’re safe I’m in Halifax lucky so far , as for getting free data I wouldn’t hold your breath they are pretty slow to act on most things stay safe 

Need Help? Let's chat.