cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change my community user id and photo

mohsrmbishara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried uploading my preferred photo instead of the avatar and tried changing my user id but all in vain. 

10 REPLIES 10

Yes, it's been asked. They will not merge the accounts. 

I think it was around mid April there was a long thread going back and forth. It was refused. 

However, I find that alot of things depends on who you get. But, they are not supposed to merge accounts anymore. 

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@mohsrmbishara 

I asked CSA to assist in changing my PM username...they replied it's not possible.

Have anybody tried to create new account and then ask agent to close existing AND to transfer email to new account?

@EB0 wrote:

create a new community account with your new preferred name.

HI @EB0 but problem is if you create a new account, it won't tie with your My Account and  people cannot earn community rewards. 

That still not the main thing, it might be hard to get support with the PM line.  You are supposed to use the same email address to open ticket for your Pm service.  

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

create a new community account with your new preferred name.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@mohsrmbishara 

Community members unable to change avator.  

Also, unable to change community name yourself.  You will need to contact customer service agent to change User id. 

I asked CSA to assist in changing my PM username...they replied it's not possible.

HI @hairbag1 

you have a nice name, why change?

but it is true, it was a feature being abused and now we all suffer ... but at least the one abused it might have been banned as well

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Avatar could be changed by customer.
User ID not. Open a ticket with agent if you really want to change it but it does not matter at all.

@Dunkman wrote:

@mohsrmbishara 

Also, unable to change community name yourself.  You will need to contact customer service agent to change User id. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mohsrmbishara 

You can’t add a photo on this Community and you can only pick an avatar from what is available on this Community option.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mohsrmbishara 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@mohsrmbishara  sorry you cannot add your own. You can only change the current picture to one of the available. 

Before you can change your user id name by contacting PM but I believe that's also not allowed. You can confirm that part by using the chatbot to ask.

Need Help? Let's chat.