cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate without credit card

Agentsecurite
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I dont have a credit card  or debit visaand i want to activate my sim for job purpose . I dont want any bank info linked to my billing cause its to wasy to hack and ive been frauded before. Ive bought voucher and i cant activateit .

7 REPLIES 7

KThomas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just tried this, but the CS_Agent just told me I had to use a debit/credit card to do the activation first. I mentioned this post but still came back with the same answer:

Thank you for replying back, KThomas! 

Let me share with you that we cannot activate wihtout a debit/credit card. You need to have or ask a friend/relative for a debit/credit card to activate and after the account has been activated you can use your voucher to make payments.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Luis

PM CS_Agent

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Agentsecurite 

Adding to using a reloadable CC to activate your SIM. You can purchase a electronic voucher from recharge.ca.

Might be tricky to buy e-vouchers if the op has no suitable card at all or doesn't want to use one online (at least that's how I understand their query?) 

If e-vouchers are on the table, recharge.com has worked for me in the past, but, apparently, it has higher fees than muskbird.com (which I don't have personal experience with)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Online-Top-Up-Payments-Muskbird-com/td-p/... 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Agentsecurite 

Adding to using a reloadable CC to activate your SIM. You can purchase a electronic voucher from recharge.ca.

Swee_Pea
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Agentsecurite 

Your best option is to follow @wetcoaster post to start up and then pay by voucher. Suggest to pay one month ahead too.  Then spend the balance of the Vanilla card for what ever. A $25 Vanilla will cost you around $30. If you use some ones referral code that will defray your costs by $10. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Another option: Get one of the prepaid credit cards.

Vanilla Mastercard worked flawlessly for my friend.

c9bcbdb8-6d1f-4d95-af46-48f250950418.jpeg

Be aware that paying with a prepay cc will deduct the plan cost plus tax from the card value. If you add funds to your account with a voucher, only plan cost will be deducted from your available funds (the voucher amount is subject to tax at the point of sale [ = in the store or at check-out with the online vendor if applicable]).

edit: cleaned up wording

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Agentsecurite 

yes, you can use voucher to activate  but not on the Activation portal directly. It involves a bit of work:

1. Open ticket with PM support by direct message them:
    https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
     **Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
  2. PM support reply and ask you for the sim card number, an email address used for the activation (login for My Account).   
    They will activate the account with the sim card.  The account will have status SUSPENDED. 
    PM Support will then sent you the login and password. 
  3. Once the account is setup, you can login to My Account and load your voucher to finally activate the service. 
Need Help? Let's chat.