Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate my Sim card and account

Ali23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

9 REPLIES 9

@Ali23 

You can pickup a SIM online at Canadian Cell Supplies on sale for $5. You can arrange for pickup if you are in the Mississauga/Oakville area.

You can also activate the SIM with a reloadable CC from any supermarket:

1FFD06F7-132F-4FA3-BD77-43BD2588C07B.jpeg

Or a voucher but it will take extra work by contacting a CS_Agent to set it up for you.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ali23 

To buy new SIM card in person using cash    Find TELUS Stores Near you  or  Koodo Stores

for Activation SIM card, purchase credit card  vanilla prepaid or  buy from official list of retailers location sellvouchers 

and contact to support team to activation for you manually. by send a private message to  CS_Agent
here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It's important to be aware that not all stores that say they're a Telus or Koodo store are corporate stores. Click the Find a store link below to find a store near you and then call ahead.

Then for the activation part, you can get those visa gift cards in lots of stores and use them to activate. The voucher method requires support. The visa gift card seems easier to me.

@Ali23 wrote:

I don't want to pay credit card to get a simcard. Want a new simcard location, and then a new phone number doesn't matter. Thanks 

@Ali23   you meant you don't want to use a sim card to activate?  if so, yes, doable, get a voucher , then open ticket with PM support and you can activate with the voucher, no credit card needed

you need a sim card? you can get it from local Telus/Koodo store.

Ali23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't want to pay credit card to get a simcard. Want a new simcard location, and then a new phone number doesn't matter. Thanks 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ali23  

I guess you got a brand new PM sim card already?

activate here at https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

do you need porting in your number?  Make sure the account on the old provider is activate.  Also, provide the account number instead of IMEI to assure a smooth transfer experience.

Let us know if you need any help

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ali23  

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

edit the email and pass you use to activate sim will essentially create your self serve account 

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Ali23 

you have new SIM card and you want to  Activate Your SIM Card Online | Public Mobile

or for existing account and you need to swap SIM card?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ali23 

Get a credit card and an e-mail address, then click Activate at top of page.

If you're porting (moving) a number from another provider, use their account number for that service on the activation page here.

Don't forget to use someone's referral code here - it'll save you $10 on your 1st renewal.

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.