cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a SIM card take to arrive?

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Considering getting the $34 50gb CAN/US plan and I know PM is giving free SIM cards.

However, it was recently announced that this plan will expire on March 4th and my understanding is that the SIM are not active until the user activates them. 

So my question is, if I ordered a SIM card today (Feb 29), will I have the SIM before March 4, or is it better to go to a store and pay the $10 and guarantee that I get this plan?

19 REPLIES 19

kcorscadden

Yes but it can take upwards of 3 weeks for the SIM's to arrive inactivated.  The plan I want expires March 4th, so I need SIM's before then

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kcorscadden - If you are a New Customer, try getting the Free SIM card, they'll ship it to you free & no cost for SIM.

@kcorscadden wrote:

Ok, so if I order a SIM through Amazon, what is the process of activation?

Basically the same thing. You download the app and sign up for Public Mobile. See my set up below.

Do I go through the website or do I contact CS?  Like how do I activate the SIM?

When you sign up on the app, it will give you an option to type in the SIM card number or take a picture of the barcode. Barcode is easier. Then once you're set up you can reach out to a CS Agent to credit your account the cost of the two SIM cards.

Also I am getting 2 lines, so I guess the logical thing would be to use a referral code from someone for the first line and then use the 1st line to refer the 2nd line?

So, you use a friends referral number for YOUR phone. Then the second phone, use YOUR referral code. Both you and the other person you're setting up for will both get $10 credit each on the second month. Then YOU will get $1 per month for every month your OTHER set up is with Public Mobile.

How to sign up with Public Mobile

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709249194463.png

kcorscadden

No, I am a new customer.

Currently with Koodo

@kcorscadden  You activate the SIM on the public mobile app 

kcorscadden

Ok, so if I order a SIM through Amazon, what is the process of activation?

Do I go through the website or do I contact CS?  Like how do I activate the SIM?

Also I am getting 2 lines, so I guess the logical thing would be to use a referral code from someone for the first line and then use the 1st line to refer the 2nd line?

@kcorscadden  No problem happy to help , also the more expensive one comes with a SIM tray key , but I’m sure you already have one of those if not a pin will work too . Get the cheaper one and don’t forget to use a friends referral code to save yourself one time $10 credit 

adding reading @Chalupa_Batman  I’m maybe  confused are you a existing customer already ? If so you can use the sim you have now just change plan for next renewal so you don’t lose money on your current cycle 

Change plan in 3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1709247118294.jpeg

Once you find plan you want be sure to (change on renewal )So you don’t lose money on current cycle

Hey again @kcorscadden 

There are no differences at all. Just someone being a little too greedy with charging an extra $5. 🙂

If you have Amazon Prime, go for the $5 one. Then, once you're all set up and running, reach out to a CS Agent via this link and advised them you've purchased a SIM card already and they will give you the $5 to your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Then when you get the other one, keep it as a back up or give it to a friend. Of course tell them they have to use your referral code. LOL

kcorscadden

Perfect, thanks

I would think there is no difference.  The $5 does not state 5G. But you don't need 5G sim card for plans, either card will work. It's just presences. 

Just price!

PM SIM card is PM SIM card. There is no difference between 3, 4 or 5G. Service/plan is what makes a difference in data speed.

Just buy from reputable vendor!

@kcorscadden  Yes 100% no worries 

kcorscadden

So the $5 one does do 5G?

@kcorscadden  Nothing just price and newer packaging 

kcorscadden

Just as the question states....

I am looking to do the $34 50gb CAN/US plan, but I am confused as to which SIM card to get.  The only difference I see is that the $10 SIM card states 5G which is what this plan does.  Does the $5 one also do 5G? If so, what does the $10 one do that the $5 one doesn't?

Amazon $5 SIM Card 
Amazon $10 SIM Card 

kcorscadden

Perfect, thanks

kcorscadden

Well that answers that then, thanks

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @kcorscadden 

Depends on your location really. It can take up to 3 weeks to get it in the mail.

I always recommend Amazon.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kcorscadden 

to be positive...if you have access locally to a sim, my advise is to buy it. It could take up to 3 weeks for PM  sim to arrive in mails.

Need Help? Let's chat.