cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I understanding my billing? Impossibly confusing.

wifightit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good day, 

I am trying to understand my billing. It was my understanding that I had a plan that charged me $120 every three months. However, when I go into my billing in the public mobile website, I am met with what I can only describe as an intentionally confusing and incoherent mess of debits and credits that act only to obfuscate the information that I am seeking.

When I click on billing, I would like to see a date where my credit card was charged, and for how much. Instead, I am greeted with this. Can someone please decipher this for me?

Screenshot (243).png
Also, if that weren't bad enough, I somehow found myself on another page that suggests that I am paying $246, or possibly even $219?!

Screenshot (245).png

Please excuse the energy with which I am coming in here... but I am outraged, frankly.

If I, a relatively intelligent young-ish person cannot make heads or tails of this, then someone who is less savvy has not a hope in the world to understand what is happening.

Am I being billed once every three months for $120, or that not what is happening, and why can't I see --IN THE BILLING SECTION-- the part where I am actually billed for services rendered?

I was reasonably satisfied with my service until today when I saw this. I am absolutely open to changing providers. 

*deep breath*

(I actually had to take a deep breath, and I think it helped).

Can someone please explain this to me.
Thank you, 
- James

8 REPLIES 8

You're supposed to be charged $120 + tax every 90 days. In this case, you are charged $66 + tax for 90 days (averages close to $22 per month). I think @computergeek541 explained it well. You must've had some balance on your account that made the top up be lower than expected.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@wifightit 

I see you are on the old Provincial calling plan. Calling is now across Canada but only on a 30 days payment. PM remove the 120 days payment plan.

@wifightit wrote:

I still don't understand. Am I paying $120 every three months, or is it more than that? If I have a $120 per 3 months plan... why on Earth would I get a CC charge of $66 +tax?? I need to speak to someone who works at the company.

This isn't something that a customer support agent would need to adjust for your account and I would suggest letting it be.  The $66 charge is simply what you ended up paying for yoru 90-day renewal. Your plan isn't $246. Your plan is $120 per 90-days.  if you subtract the $126 credit issued from that $246 amount, that's how the $120 is arrived at.  

As for you only paying $66, this is actually less than what your payment would normally be. Wtih rewards of $27, the charge to your credit card would be $93 amount mentioned earlier.  All this points to you already having $27 in your Public Mobile available account balance before the renewal process started (either that or they've accidently underscharged you by $27).  Other than the confusing breakdown, is your concern that you were charged less than normal:?

@wifightit  what was your last credit card charge amount?

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

wifightit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I still don't understand. Am I paying $120 every three months, or is it more than that? If I have a $120 per 3 months plan... why on Earth would I get a CC charge of $66 +tax?? I need to speak to someone who works at the company.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wifightit you have been around for nearly 4 years, and this is only an issue now?

Well, the self serve did change/upgrade on July 13, 2022 so is this what you are getting confused about.

Are your credit card charges telling you something different than $66 plus taxes?

I agree that My Rewards screenshot is, well, wonky. Don't go by that, would be my suggestion.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@wifightit 

your plan for 90 days for $120 - rewards $27 = you have to pay $93 plus tax

but at your photo bill is showing $66 plus tax is taken from your CC,

something wrong contact to support team by CS_Agent 

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

I agree it's ridiculously complicated.

You got charged $66 (automatic top-up). The rest is a breakdown of how the plan costs are determined, and how much rewards you've accumulated. The difference in plan costs and rewards is how much you need to pay out of pocket (automatic top-up).

The only other point I'll make is that your credit card statement will show $66 + tax. For some reason, the PM breakdown doesn't mention tax.

Need Help? Let's chat.