Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I switch from Rogers and keep my phone numbers

Colt44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

9 REPLIES 9

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

About the referral reward for your first number, you can ask any of your friend/relative with PM  for the referral code and if you have more numbers to be activated, use your own code for those numbers.

Keep an eye on this community pages, great source of learning as there is no phone line to call for support at PM. 

@darlicious wrote:

Have a read thru this thread and I am happy to answer any if your questions publicly or privately in order to maximize your savings when you do activate with pm.

Knowing what @darlicious knows about plans and all kind of tricks to get max service/saving for least money if I am to get new mobile service I would DEFINITELY talk to @darlicious!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Colt44 

Seeing as we are coming up to black Friday and the holiday season when pm offers its greatest deals maybe you should get your ducks in a row in anticipation and switch to pm then.

Have a read thru this thread and I am happy to answer any if your questions publicly or privately in order to maximize your savings when you do activate with pm.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/CCS-latest-pm-marketing/m-p/644382

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Colt44 wrote:

Help

@Colt44 

The process has been pretty well described in the previous posts. Most important is ensure all phones are unlocked and compatible and reply Yes to the SMS from Rogers confirming the porting request.  My porting was done in a couple hours.

In case there is an issue, you can submit a ticket to PM customer service for assistance:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Colt44 

1. Buy a PM SIM

2. Activate online and request to port in your Rogers phone number

make sure that your Rogers account is still active.  You don't need to do anything to close the account, once it is ported in , your Rogers account will be closed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Colt44 

***important to you know for transfer old number***

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

and i suggest you to get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or gas station near you and you buy it right away, or you like to buy it online maybe is take 4 week to you getting,,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

@Colt44 

Since you say "numbers" plural - I recommend initially purchasing the number of sim cards to match the number of phones you plan to bring to public mobile. Then, you activate each account with a brand new (temporary) number so that you can verify the service works in each phone. Each phone will need it's own separate public mobile account, associated with it's own unique email address. If you use gmail, you can simulate having multiple addresses that really all send to the same account by adding a +suffix... ie if you are myname@gmail.com, you could have multiple public mobile accounts using myname+phone1@gmail.com, myname+phone2@gmail.com, etc.

Then after everything works with the new temporary numbers, you can start a port-in of the number from Rogers using the selfserve site. When you do this, you need to leave the Rogers SIM in the phone and a verification text will be sent to it. You need to reply "YES" to this message within 90 minutes for the port to succeed. Once the Rogers SIM stops working (phone will show "no service" or similar) then you can put the Public Mobile SIM back in the phone, and after a phone restart it shoudl come up with the rogers phone number, and be able to send/receive calls and texts.

This is the gist of it, but there are more details in this official post: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Good luck! Also, make sure when you sign up each account that you use a referal code for a $10 account credit, and the first account can refer the 2nd etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Colt44 : One number at a time. No family plans here.

Buy a SIM. Activate and transfer sub-account numbers from Rogers. Then finish with the main account.

Leave the Rogers SIM in for each number to confirm the transfer. When it tells you it's done then put in the new PM SIM.

The Rogers accounts need to remain active.

Edit: How old are the Rogers phones? And make sure they aren't locked.

Edit again: And don't forget to use a referral code for the first account and then for others you can use that referral code.

Colt44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help

Need Help? Let's chat.