cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I login to my account without sim card access???? It kept asking for the code sent to phone #

sakura12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased this public mobile number for my mom. She left the country recently together with the sim card. Since then there has not been reception where she is currently at. Now I want to unsubscribe her phone services as she won't be heading back anytime soon. However, without her sim card/access, and a 6 digit confirmation coded is needed to login to the account to unsubscribe, what can I do?????

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sakura12 - do you know the 4-digit account PIN connected to this account? If so, try calling # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device, then remove Autopay (press 5) , so that the account goes into nonpay/suspend status. After 90 days in this status the account closes permanently. 

Note, i've called this number and it was a bit finicky, but try again, if you get booted out.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sakura12 

without action, her on-file credit card will still be debited every 30 days for regular plan renewal.

You MUST contact CSA and let them know you wish to Unsubscribe the account. Let them know as much account related info as you can...ie: phone number, account number, name on account, which plan she has, when is next renewal due...these type of things to show you are the legit manager of the account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sakura12 

PM just changed to a new EverSafe login system and you need to complete the setup

Since you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.