cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get actual support from Public Mobile?

EdH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm a new subscriber to Public Mobile and having trouble getting my service to work correctly. I have used the chat bot and submitted tickets, but the support agents have been unable or unwilling to help me solve my problem.

Now I'm paying for a service I can't use and I can't seem to get someone to actually help me fix it. Anyone out there able to suggest a solution for getting actual customer service from Public Mobile?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

EdH

Sorry, setting the APN to SP.MB.COM (all caps) didn't work. 😞

@EdH   Try making the first line of the APN settings in all caps and then reboot, that is SP.MB.COM .  May not help for a Pixel but for some reason OnePlus phones need that line in all caps so might be worth a try.

EdH

I have a new Public Mobile service with eSIM card in my Pixel 7 Pro running Lineage OS 21 (Android 14). More details in my previous post below.

hi @EdH what phone brand and model you have??

EdH

Yes, I had already found that link and went through those instructions to redo the APN settings and reboot the phone. No change in behavior. I can make and receives calls and texts, but the cellular internet won't connect.

By the way, the customer service agent handling my ticket didn't even mention this possibility.

EdH

Hi @Phil_Adelphus 

Basically, I have a new Public Mobile service with eSIM card in my Pixel 7 Pro running Lineage OS 21 (Android 14). There was initially a problem getting my old phone number transferred, but that has been resolved.

My problem now is that the phone will not connect to the mobile internet network. It says "No connection" for the mobile network in the internet settings of my phone, although there is no '!' in the signal strength indicator which usually shows when there is a cellular network connection with no internet. Sending and receiving calls and SMS messages is working, however.

I am currently in the greater Montreal area and thus not roaming or in an area where internet coverage might not be available. The customer agent said something about setting the eSIM as the "primary" SIM card, but I see no way to do that in my phone's settings. There is no other SIM card in the phone, so the eSIM must be primary one by default. No other SIM card is shown in the settings.

This must be some kind of network configuration setting error that I can't find, or an actual mobile internet service outage for PM in this area. The customer agent claims there is no problem on their end, but clearly he couldn't even be bothered to check for potential outages because he didn't even ask where I was located.

Anyway, thanks for the offer of help. If anyone has any clues, I'd be happy to hear them!

-Ed

@EdH  Can you explain the problem here in case we can help (but don't include any personal information as this web page is public).

EdH

I have already submitted at ticket. The customer agent, Alex, is not being very helpful at all. Basically just gives boiler plate responses without offering to help with any actual troubleshooting. I have asked for an escalation and he doesn't want to give one. I had a working phone before moving to Public Mobile and now I don't. This is no way at all to treat a brand new customer.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @EdH get actual PM staff to help by  submit ticket first

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.