cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Zoomer - what do I do?

Boxcar0434
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Zoomer number, but Zoomer isn't listed on the list of providers to port from. What do I do without messing things up?

Also, I subbed to the 20GB $34 5G plan last week. Before I activate my SIM, is there anyone I can talk to to change this to the upgraded plan? Seems silly to activate on the old plan now.

14 REPLIES 14

domo_shark

Yes I did as there was that message that told me to add the two leading zeroes.  I really wish that I could speak with someone directly about this as I am not sure what the status is or what the issue could be.  I'm hoping that there is a way that I can get a hold of someone live to address this 😔

Boxcar0434

Sounds like you need support. When you entered your Zoomer info, did you ensure that you put two zeroes in front of your seven digit account number?

domo_shark

Glad to hear your port went well!  What is happening to mine?  I'm actually starting to get worried 😟

Boxcar0434

My port from Cityfone (Zoomer) went smoothly and took about 10 minutes. Zoomer hasn't closed my account, but I suspect that will take a few more days.

Now I just need to figure out how to change my plan from 20GB to 40GB without bonking things up.

domo_shark

Hi softech,

I since have been able to get my PM SIM activated and have an active PM number.  I attempted to transfer my number over but it said the number is not portable.  I have reached out to CS_Agent and they said that the port is in progress and that I should receive a text from Zoomer.  It has been about 4 hours now and I didnt receive a text or anything and currently I still have both my new PM number as well as my existing Zoomer number active.  I'm guessing things are just slow?  Any other advice to give to me? 😊

Boxcar0434

Do I need to delay my activation until I hear back from the CS Agent, or can I proceed with activating and hope they make the change after activation?

domo_shark

I got to the point where it was trying to activate my plan but it never passed that point

@domo_shark wrote:

I did and unfortunately it still failed.  Based on this chain, looks like I just have to send a message to CS_Agent, which I did so hopefully I'll just hear back from someone 😊

@domo_shark was the account setup and activated yet? can you make outgoing calls with your PM sim card or PM esim?

domo_shark

I did and unfortunately it still failed.  Based on this chain, looks like I just have to send a message to CS_Agent, which I did so hopefully I'll just hear back from someone 😊

@domo_shark have you submit your porting request yet?  You selected Cityfone?

domo_shark

I am in the exact same boat 

Boxcar0434

Wow guys - received two helpful answers in like 3 minutes! Thank you!

@Boxcar0434 wrote:

I have a Zoomer number, but Zoomer isn't listed on the list of providers to port from. What do I do without messing things up?

Also, I subbed to the 20GB $34 5G plan last week. Before I activate my SIM, is there anyone I can talk to to change this to the upgraded plan? Seems silly to activate on the old plan now.

When it comes to the plan, you could pre-schedule a plan change to happen at the time of your next renewal.    To discuss this an the number porting with a Public Mobile customer support agent and to discuss if anything can be done for the plan, please send a pirvate message to CS_Agent.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.