cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transfer a Bell Land line number to my sim

bayhouse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I wish to transfer a Bell Land line number to a new SIM card BUT I can not receive an SMS on the phones using the land line number.

How can I get around this

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bayhouse 

If you have already activated your sim card with a temporary phone number then you must contact the moderators via simon or private message. If using simon type port request and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. If using private message add Moderator_Team in the send to bar, port request in the subject bar and leave a a detailed message and include the following information:

1. Full name and address on your account.
  2. Your temporary phone # and email on your account.
  3.  Your pin #.
  4. Full name and phone #  on your bell account.
  5.  Bell account #.

Await the port request authorization phone call from bell or be proactive and call them to give authorization or recieve an eta on when you will recieve the call. Landlines take 2 to 7 days to port over. You will continue to recieve calls to your landline until the port is complete. After that your bell account will be cancelled.

Keep an eye on pm box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right cirner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicatjng a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent issues.

@bayhouse wrote:

I have not been able to get the form on the web site to accept the Bell account number.

Can not figure out why

Do you have a recent statement showing it? Or online access to download one? You may have done a typo? Or call them and ask, what is exactly your account number. 

bayhouse

thanks will look into it

@bayhouse wrote:

I have not been able to get the form on the web site to accept the Bell account number.

Can not figure out why

@bayhouse 

to contact a moderator to help with your port you can do so by clicking the chat bubble at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue port bell line

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner, you can also  send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bayhouse wrote:

Can not figure out why

Are you trying to port during activation? Or after?

After needs moderator assistance.

bayhouse

Can not figure out why

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bayhouse wrote:

Hi

I wish to transfer a Bell Land line number to a new SIM card BUT I can not receive an SMS on the phones using the land line number.

How can I get around this

@bayhouse hi if you already set up the port from bell they will call you anyway before transfering your landline usually in a few days

Need Help? Let's chat.