cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my old phone number back?

chantalniragira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone. I bought a new SIM card from Public Mobile. How can I get my old number on the new SIM card?

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Whatever you do, @chantalniragira , don't activate the card using the activation portal as that'll create a whole new account and you won't be able to move your existing account/number over to it that way.

Did you do that?   Hoping not...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @chantalniragira as long as your account is active, you can update your sim card on My Account.  

Login My Account using a computer and go to Profile page, your can update your sim card there to the new one you got 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@chantalniragira  Sign into self serve in a computer and do. SIM swap 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1676583443594.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@chantalniragira   Use incognito/private mode to login your account and select either Quick Links or Profile and you can update and change to the new SIM.  Your old number will be registered to the new SIM card after verifying with 2FA.  You might also need to reboot after completing the SIM change.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@chantalniragira yiu can easily complete it yourself at My Account 

Login to My Account using a desktop or Laptop ONLY ( do not use mobile phone)  

Once Login, click Quixk Links on top right, then select Change Sim card and follow the steps to complete adding the new sim card to your account to tie with your phone number 

Need Help? Let's chat.