cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Bonus

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J_PM,

When will this be added to our account...

Add your holiday rewards and seize the season.
Holiday rewards are available today until December 31st to all new and existing customers.
To claim your rewards, follow these simple steps:
1.Between December 1st-15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday rewards.
2.To redeem them, just reply “YES2” and 2GB of data and 500 long distance minutes will be automatically applied to your account.
3.Plus, get a bonus 1GB of free data from Public Points when you sign into My Rewards.

@Eliza5 

39 REPLIES 39

@Irenelin wrote:

I did not get my holiday bonus points even though I replied.

You will need to follow instructions provided earlier to open a ticket using the chatbot.

Irenelin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not get my holiday bonus points even though I replied.

@Jessica35   for new subscribers, you don't have to do anything to get the bonus

• These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

If it has been a week already and you still don't see it, open ticket with PM Support via Chatbot and they will add it back for you:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Jessica35
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new user and activated SIM card today (Dec 23rd), when can I receive holiday bonus? Thanks.

@Eliza5 

Incognito mode in Chrome or InPrivate mode in Edge or Private mode in Safari

Basically, it is a secure browser mode and force a refresh from the server instead of reading cache version of the page

On your browser, click the 3 dots on top and click New Incognito Window (or New InPrivate window or Private browsing).  A new window or tab will pop up, use that to login My Account

Eliza5

@softech ,

incognito mode?

@Eliza5 

Click the spinner icon on the bottom of the add-on section

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/overviewhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/overview

if it still does not work, use incognito mode to login My Account again and you should see the bonus addons

Eliza5

@hTideGnow ,

1.  Got the text

2.  Replied YES2

3.  Message said I would receive my bonus 500 long distance minutes + 2GB added to my account

4.  Login into my rewards for the 2GB

5.  Checked my account still not there.

@Eliza5

@nanc 

As she doesn't remember it, your sister probably hasn't received the text message yet. Public Mobile will send it by the end of December 15 and she has until December 31 to respond.

@nanc   ask her to try to send YES2  to shortcode 4911

If she was supposed to have the text earlier, she will get a reply back saying the bonus will be added

if she didn't get the text earlier, she will get a text saying not eligible.  But not worry, she will be eligible by Dec 15th, just couple more days and she will get the invite text from PM

nanc

Can the text message for the bonus be resent to my sister. She doesn't remember getting it so can't reply? She is a plan with Public Mobile. 

Jinxie

For the time being there appears to be free calling to Iran and no, you will not receive a crazy bill.  So long as people don't abuse this "extra" privilege by talking over 15 min for example, this may continue.

Jinxie

Rewards are added a full month payment slot following the addition of the bonus.

sophiakauffman

I believe that the reward/gift is added at an unspecified time...I have yet to get mine...good luck!

ImanMoshiri

Sweet! Regardless of what's behind this, I hope it works for the Ukrainians as well soon.

ImanMoshiri

Yes, I did today! Good guess that makes sense.

@dabr , I guess @darlicious confirmed that we can call Iran for free now!  I need to update my note then 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ImanMoshiri 

I just called the National Gallery of Iran....and checked my usage it does not register. So not only can you call Iran its absolutely free! I suggest you call home everyday. Check your usage afterwards to see if it starts using minutes but for now.....and likely until telus suspends the free calling to Iran you will be able to call your family. I would hazard a guess that afterwards you will still be able to call Iran but it will use the holiday minutes.

BTW.....tried calling the Ukraine but it doesn't work.

@softech    Has that been confirmed, that you cannot call Iran with PM's holiday LD international minutes?   @ImanMoshiri  has posted saying that he was able to call Iran and it's been mentioned many times that countries not on the official list can be called, then maybe Iran can be called?    Unless you have been able to verify otherwise by trying it out and ImanMoshiri was mistaken and was able to call using Whatsapp or another app, of course?

@softech wrote:
However, there is no chance you can call Iran using PM.  PM network does not even setup to make calls to Iran

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ImanMoshiri 

You can call Iran? Perhaps this is due to telus offering free calling to Iran it opened up the ability to call Iran with holiday add on and likely the $15/300 min add on. Or maybe you are the first to try and discover it works. Considering that's the equivalent of $0.05/min it's a bargain compared to the average rate with other provider's charging $0.25/min with a preferred rate add on to $2.50/min current rate.

Public mobile has no extra billing, overages or fees.....so no worries.....

@ImanMoshiri  - It's the nature of this prepaid service.

@ImanMoshiri wrote:

Does it mean if I again call Iran and I succeed to connect, I can talk and rest assured that no payment is required?
If yes, is that because of the prepaid nature of all PM sim cards?

@ImanMoshiri   technically yes.  PM is prepaid and you need to have the proper add-on to make LD calls.  If the calls go through, then there is an add-on on your account taking care of the bill

However, there is no chance you can call Iran using PM.  PM network does not even setup to make calls to Iran

ImanMoshiri

Does it mean if I again call Iran and I succeed to connect, I can talk and rest assured that no payment is required?
If yes, is that because of the prepaid nature of all PM sim cards?

statusquo

This is good because you've just proven that countries not on the list can be called.   Prepaid service also means no extra charges.

@ImanMoshiri- If something works and you didn't pay for it then great. You won't get charged after the fact. Enjoy.

ImanMoshiri

Hi, thank you for your response. I don't understand why this is irrelevant. My question is regarding the Holiday Bonus of 500 minutes international call, not a purchased add-on. Also, I wonder why PM cannot charge me any extra.

ImanMoshiri

Thank you for the response. That's a pity that Iran is not on the list. What happens now?! Does PM charge me? I had no idea about Iran not being on the list before making the call.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you are a new customer (after Dec 1) bonus will be automatically added without SMS

Otherwise you will receive SMS before Dec 15 and have to reply YES2. Then you will receive another SMS that bonus has been added to your account within 1 hour.

Hi @ImanMoshiri   why not start your own post?

No, the 500 International minutes work only for selected countries, not all 

here is the list:

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Eliza5 

you didn't tell us the important part

1. you got the text yet?   If not, you will get it before Dec 15

2. you got the text and you replied and didn't see the addon?  If that is the case, use Private or Incognito mode to check My Account

3. you want the 1GB extra?   If you are on the new rewards, then yes, you will get it, just go to My Rewards site and cliam

Need Help? Let's chat.