cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with set up please

Tasha5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just tired setting my dad up with public mobile.  I bought a sim card, and signed up on line.  I had to set up an account, then it asked if I had a sim, so I entered the sim#, then it asked for payment. I entered in my credit card and it said payment received and now I have to download an app to continue but his phone is not compatible with the app.  Now what happens?  I need to port his number from his original telus account to the public mobile and I feel like I messed it up and now he will be charged by both, original telus account and public mobile 

4 REPLIES 4

Tasha5

Thank you so much, I got my dad's phone working!  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tasha5 

You might want to contact a CS_Agent might be able to help you active your dad’s SIM.

Tasha5

Thanks I will give that a try!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tasha5   yes, the currently activation requires using the app to complete the activation.  But the app is only needed for activation and your dad does not need the application after it is all setup

So, you can download the app for your data and complete the activation for him.  

Again, once it is setup , your dad can use his own phone with PM sim, without the need of the app.  He can access My Account using the web

Need Help? Let's chat.