cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with reconnection

KittenMyPhone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday, I called my US carrier to suspend my service since I'm not currently in the US. Woke up this morning to my phone being offline. I have been successfully using Public Mobile on this phone.

I called the US carrier again and found out they'd reported my phone as lost, asked them to unreport it and they said the phone should be restored but the phone is not connecting to Public Mobile still.

I have turned the phone off and on and it still isn't working. What do I do?

7 REPLIES 7

@KittenMyPhone Sorry, your phone was on the blacklisted?

It could take couple days (maybe even a week or two) to get the phone off the blacklist.  Yes, for some reason, it is quick to get it on the list but it could take long to have it off the list

Check if your phone's IMEI (the one tied with physical sim , not eSIM if your phone has 2 IMEI) with the blacklist database:

Canadian: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

US: https://imei24.com/blacklist_check/

Again, even if it shows your phone is now clean, it could take PM couple days to remove it from its own database

KittenMyPhone

I don't know what they did, I called them and they said something about them having suspended the service and that they would turn it back on now. It's still not working.

I have tried reseting my network and it's still not working as well.

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is good then.  You can try to use another phone until the us carrier fixes this for you.   

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you mean they blacklisted it or do you mean they locked it?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@KittenMyPhone 

Try resetting the network settings or reinstalling SIM card. Confirm that your account is in Active status.

KittenMyPhone

Yes, it's my Public sim card that's inside the phone.

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That seems strange and also a big pain.  Why did the US carrier report your phone lost?  Call them again to find out how you have to wait.  Is your public simcard in your phone?  

Need Help? Let's chat.