cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with number change

Plante1984
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been wanting to switch my phone number because of constant telemarketing calls and the previous owners friends calling day and night, I have try to do it in the my account options  but when I try to switch it, it does not switch for me  can I get some help plz. I would like a london ontario number if possible plz.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

NightsRanger

Totally true! I've had my number for less then a year. But not many spam calls. It might just be the area I live in though. But I did figure out how to my my land line off the spam list for some callers. I just switched to answering in Spanish. I pretend to only speak Spanish. Most never call again. 

@NightsRanger wrote:

Can you not just block them? I have done it with some spam callers.

HI @NightsRanger  blocking is hard, they just calling from everywhere.  And some of them use Caller ID spoofing too.   

i guess the general rule, do not answer calls you don't know.  Or with the new OS, enable "Silence Unknown Callers "

NightsRanger

Can you not just block them? I have done it with some spam callers.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Plante1984  you sure the telemarketers are not just randomly calling different numbers?  Changing number to avoid them is just a cat and mouse game

@Plante1984 wrote:

I have tried restarting my phone, I've tried a different city nothing appears to work. It says failed all the time

@Plante1984 

I wonder if it is a browser issue ..  did you try using another browser yet?

Yes, maybe try to open ticket with PM support as advised by @dabr .  If you see a number you like, maybe even provide Support the number you see available and hopefully they can help to assign you that number

@Plante1984   Try with another browser or clear your cache/cookies and use incognito privacy mode too.

edit:  If you're still unable to make the number change, then submit a ticket via chatbot and ask customer support to assist you.  Here's a link to chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or send private message to CS_Agent if unable to submit a ticket, here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Plante1984

I have tried restarting my phone, I've tried a different city nothing appears to work. It says failed all the time

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Plante1984    So when you're selecting Change Number option and selecting from the list of numbers, the number doesn't change?   Have you tried rebooting the phone afterwards?  Most of the time the change happens within 5 minutes although occasionally it can take upto half an hour.

Make sure you clear your browser cache/cookies and use incognito mode before retrying again. 

If London is available in the number change list, you can then refresh the list of numbers by going to a different city and back to London.  Otherwise, you might need to get a number from the nearest available city to London.

edit:  BTW, getting a new number won't necessarily stop spam/marketing calls, but it should stop the previous owner's friends' calls.   Also PM permits 4 number changes per 30 days for free.

Need Help? Let's chat.