cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please

austin2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I get baack my old number? It is tied to my work computer and I cannot access the computer

22 REPLIES 22

austin2

I would like to thank everyone for all the assistance, I got my number back. 

Thank you, Thank  you, Thank you. 

Austin

@austin2 that's a good  update!!! Glad it is resolved 

austin2

I got my number back. Thank you

austin2

I will. Thank you

@austin2 wrote:

Its an original public mobile number. My plan is up to date. 

My wife changed the number by mistake, she did not know that it is the 2 step verification for my work laptop.

@austin2   this is a good news.   You should open ticket with PM Support.  They should have the ability to assign you back the number, but you need to convince them.

Please update us with the result.

austin2

Its an original public mobile number. My plan is up to date. 

My wife changed the number by mistake, she did not know that it is the 2 step verification for my work laptop.

austin2

My plan is up to date. The number is a 2 step verification to my laptop and I cannot access the laptop without it. My wife changed the number by mistake. The number is originally from Public Mobile.

austin2

I mostly work from home, I was provided with a work laptop and I used me cell number as a 2 step verification. My wife changed the number by accident and now I cannot log into the laptop.

@austin2 wrote:

So I have a work laptop and I set up my cell number as a 2 step verification onto it. Mow I cannot log into the laptop and I need it for work

@austin2  The work laptop must have a backdoor, like a system/domain  administrator can login and change the settings

Again, whether the number was from PM is a critical piece to decide if PM can even help.

If you want, try to open a ticket with PM support and they can confirm.  If the number was ported into PM, then the number would have returned back to the original provider and in that case, PM cannot assign you back the number even if they want to.  But if the number was from Telus family, they could help if you can convince them.

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

austin2

Yes, it was changed by accident

austin2

My plan is up to date. The number is a 2 step verification to my laptop and I cannot access the laptop without it. My wife changed the number by mistake

austin2

So I have a work laptop and I set up my cell number as a 2 step verification onto it. Mow I cannot log into the laptop and I need it for work

@austin2   The number that you lost, did you got it from PM? or you ported into PM from another provider?  This is critical, it can determine if PM can help you to get the number back or not. 

austin2

My account is up to date. My wife changed the number by mistake. I desperately need to get it back as its tied to my work computer

austin2

Yes, it was by accident

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yeah the original post is a bit confusing.  I can only guess that their employer set up 2FA/MFA on their work computer via SMS to their mobile phone and that's why they can't access the computer?  I'm not sure that's possible but far from an expert at corporate device security mechanisms.  

@austin2 it's possible that the path of least resistance might be to reach out to your employer (either your manager or a corporate help/service desk--you may need to get that info from your manager or a colleague since you're apparently locked out of the computer) and explain the situation in detail and see what they can do for you in terms of resetting or reconfiguring your security.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@austin2 wrote:

How can I get baack my old number? It is tied to my work computer and I cannot access the computer

@austin2  - what do you mean exactly?

If your account/phone number has been in nonpay/suspended status for over 90 days, then you lost your Public Mobile account, phone number, and access to self serve.

If you ported out your public mobile account/number to another provider, then that the public mobile account is closed also.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What old number? What would be tied to your work computer?

What are you trying to do and what is not working for you?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@austin2 

If you haven’t paid your plan over 90 days then your number is lost and account closed. 
Can we get more details about how you lost your number?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@austin2 

If you got your phone number from PM, Kodoo or Telus, create a support ticket to ask CSA to look for your number from the Telus cancel phone number waiting pool.

If you got your phone number from other Canadian providers, you need to ask the provider who owns your number.  As soon as your number is cancelled by closing your account, the number will return to the provider who owns the number.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@austin2 , how did you lose your number?  Did you do a number change by accident?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log in to your Public Mobile account...you should see your number after clicking Plan Details.

Need Help? Let's chat.