cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was not able to receive SMS from Service Canada

bunnykin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried to use for 2FA.  It worked instantly on my previous provider.  It did not work here and i had to change my 2FA.  Tried to send twice but did not receive anything. 

Sometimes happens with other 2FA SMS even when I was on other networks, so not sure if this basically happens on any network? 

4 REPLIES 4

CRA second factor works ok for us. You can have it texted or by a recorded voice. BUT some times it can take quite a few minutes before it is received. You, know the feds are not that quick with anything other than carelessly spending  our money on stuff that is no help to us. 😁

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bunnykin 

It can take up to 7 days for some 2FA texts to start to be recieved from certain senders for account security.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bunnykin Hi did you recently activate your account? It can take 3 or 4 days for companies to verify your 2FA  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @bunnykin  did you just join PM and just ported your number into PM?

if that is the case, it is normal for 2FA to start coming 3 to 5 days after poring.  The system needs time to learn that you have changed the provider and some system purposely add the delay in case of SIM fraud.

Need Help? Let's chat.