cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Porting failed, can't contact PM

IanM1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Opened my new PM account this morning, specified porting an existing number from Speakout, entered all the required information, waited for a text from Speakout to approve the port-out.

5 hours later I get a text from PM saying "We're having trouble transferring your number, looks like the information collected was incorrect". The information I provided is complete and correct, and my Speakout account is active and in good standing, Speakout SIM active in my phone right now. I got nothing from Speakout.

PM doesn't seem to have a support phone number (at least Speakout had that!), or live chat. I went through the lengthy and repetitive process to submit a trouble ticket online, hoping it went through (do I have an existing PM phone number? Who knows?).

So now what? Do I wait an unknown length of time for PM to contact me? Do I call Speakout and try to find out why they have an unknown problem? Are there any known problems with Speakout-to-PM I could address?

We're not off to a good start here PM.

11 REPLIES 11

@softech wrote:

@IanM1   porting from SO require a little bit more work.  Create another ticket with CSA and provide the phone number to be ported, IMEI of the phone currently using SO ,  SO PIN#.

You can open a ticket using chatbot.  But I suggest you to call the porting team(number given by @esjliv )  first to see if you can just give them the information on the phone, quicker that way

I don't see ports from Speakout requiring any more or less work than the amount of effort required to port from most other carriers, at least if the port hadn't failed as it did in this case.  Speakout does not have account numbes, but other than that, porting from them is pretty much the same.  I do realize that there's some confusion about what to chooose as the carrier name if porting in during the activation process, but the number porting from Speakout can be done using the fully automated procedure in the Public Mobile Self Serve account.  It's only a matter of using the IMEI of the device being used (or as you said, the Speakout PIN), but after doing that, it done the same way as porting from other wireless carriers.

@IanM1   glad it works!! yes, you did the right thing to reply YES to SO

Enjoy your new service with PM

IanM1

All good now, porting seems to have been successful. In the end I did text back YES to the Speakout message, but I'm not sure if that was necessary or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@IanM1 

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you did reply: YES and you still stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number and 

you need go to my OP instruction how to Customer Support Agent.. 

@IanM1 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Someone gave me an actual phone number for the Telus porting team, and they were able to help me right away.

New issue though:

I now have a text from Speakout saying there is a porting request for my number, and I should contact them if I did not initiate it. No suggestion I should do anything if the port is ok.

The porting team told me I should text back "Yes" when I get the porting confirmation request from Speakout.

Which is it? Do I take Speakout's message as telling me to do nothing? If so, how long will they wait?

Or should I follow the porting team's instruction and text back "Yes", even though no reply is called for to Speakout's text?

@IanM1  - Oh, good, well is sounds like the Telus Porting phone number I sent you got the porting process started again.

BUT - that is a bit conflicting isn't it? Gesh!

That is what the TEXT says, do contact if you did not initiate the port? Yeah, usually is it a YES to approve the port. Well, I guess, do not respond back.

But, I would keep the porting phone number handy to check in with them in a few hours to see if the port completed successfully...WELL, if you start getting incoming calls to your Public Mobile SIM card that is usually the indication the port completed.

IanM1

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Someone gave me an actual phone number for the Telus porting team, and they were able to help me right away.

New issue though:

I now have a text from Speakout saying there is a porting request for my number, and I should contact them if I did not initiate it. No suggestion I should do anything if the port is ok.

The porting team told me I should text back "Yes" when I get the porting confirmation request from Speakout.

Which is it? Do I take Speakout's message as telling me to do nothing? If so, how long will they wait?

Or should I follow the porting team's instruction and text back "Yes", even though no reply is called for to Speakout's text?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@IanM1 

It seems that your porting is not completed so your Speakout SIM is still active and you can use for now until the porting is completed.

Meanwhile, the CS Agent will have to complete the porting process for you.

@IanM1   porting from SO require a little bit more work.  Create another ticket with CSA and provide the phone number to be ported, IMEI of the phone currently using SO ,  SO PIN#.

You can open a ticket using chatbot.  But I suggest you to call the porting team(number given by @esjliv )  first to see if you can just give them the information on the phone, quicker that way

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@IanM1  - yes, rough start.

Check your private messages in your Community INBOX. I sent you the Telus Porting phone number where you can talk to someone about your port.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@IanM1 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@IanM1    Try reading this thread by another customer who recently ported from Speak Out:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Has-anyone-ported-from-SpeakOut-to-PM...

Need Help? Let's chat.