cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble adding funds

Shanimen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Im trying to add funds on my public mobile and it keeps showing a verification code and I'm not getting anything in my emails using the same email I use when I activated this account, please help 

9 REPLIES 9

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Shanimen    Yes, can confirm that you can receive verification code to reset password on a suspended account, however, I did notice that notification icon is absent for SMS, so you need to open the text app in order to view the code if suspended.

@esjliv- Good memory. Yes, dabr and I tested that out a few months ago. The password reset can be sent to text. The account 2FA not...while suspended.

@Shanimen- Are you currently able to login to the account? Where and how is that verification code screen showing up.

The reset password can send to a text instead of email when suspended. After that then the login can only send to email if you have that 2FA option turned on in the account.

Login credentials can also be tested through the chatbot if you're sure you have the right info.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Shanimen - what verification code are your referring to ? Reset password?

If you are in Suspended status, how long ago did you last have Active services?

When you call 611 (or # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device) to see what the status says. Can Public 'find your account'?

If the account is currently in suspended or Active status you can also look into obtaining a voucher to make a payment through 611,  see here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?q=vouchers

Locations to obtain some vouchers found here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Shanimen wrote:

Im trying to add funds on my public mobile and it keeps showing a verification code and I'm not getting anything in my emails using the same email I use when I activated this account, please help 

If you're note supsened, the code can be sent by text.

@cellphoneuser1 If @Shanimen is using the reset password option, I believe other members have proven/tested that if you are in suspended status, you are still able to receive the SMS option. This may have been a few months ago, so perhaps it is still the case.

tagging @dabr to confirm...

@Shanimen a quick way is to get a voucher from Shoppers Drug mart and load the voucher via *611 

or have to open ticket with Cs agent

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Shanimen wrote:

If you're not suspended, the code can be sent by text.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shanimen  

Auto pay can fail

To make payment and reactivate plan .. if you know PIN number you can *611 with a voucher and *611  no PIN needed . You can also do this by by calling 18554PUBLIC . otherwise log into self serve make manual payment and reactivate service and or update credit card if necessary

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1676860094017.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

If you  still have service and your plan renews today / tomorrow you can ignore this suspended notice

Shanimen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't remember my 4 digit pin

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Shanimen your account suspended? if not, have the code send to your phone

if there is no such choice, check your spam folder

And if you remember your 4 digits pin, use *611 to pay 

Need Help? Let's chat.