cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have had phone for a year and now I cannot make calls (7B1 Error)

Audrey8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had my phone (and phone number for over a year and now I cannot make calls. I get the message "7B1 - You are not connected to the network). I have not made any setting changes or ported a number. I can receive calls (number is listed as private), I can text, and use data, but I cannot make calls.

Things I have tried: 

- Turned on and off airplane mode, restarted phone, reset network settings, took out and re-put in SIM card, all other basic recommended actions. 

What I want is to talk to an IT person who can reset the system but every time I try to send a ticket I get error message as well. I am logged in and my payments are all in good standing. 

Please help! I am at a loss and the only thing I can think of now is to cancel my plan and move to another carrier cause this is crazy. 

13 REPLIES 13

Audrey8

Problem is solved. I heard from a PUBLIC agent thanks @hairbag1 and others for the direct link to contact a CS Agent. They had to reset a few things on their end, I had to restart my phone and it works great now. 

I gather that when I changed my plan from a basic plan to the $40 plan something was not reset on their end. Either way it is fixed now, thanks for all your help and advice.

Audrey8

Dialled #611 and 18554PUBLIC from abother phone. I was unable to check the number statuts. There were five options all of which related to added on or changing my add-ons. I could check payments but was not able to find an option which related to checking my number status.

So unfortunately that did not provide me any guidance. 

@Audrey8 

once  you send a message to CSA, watch the little envelop icon on top right side of this page will be highlighted when they respond. Good luck and please let us know what the issue ultimately was...in case others have similar issue.  😨

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Audrey8 

I noticed from my own experience that the bell icon doesn’t light up when you get a message, but when you click your profile icon beside the bell that you can see if you got a message or not. Any chance that there is an existing message there from @CS_Agent ? If not following up on the same message might be worth your while.

Audrey8

Good idea, tried that and got the same message when I tried an outgoing call "7B1 - Not connected to the network".

@Audrey8 

are you able to try that sim in a different phone to see if it acts the same ? Let us know.

Audrey8

Thanks for the link - I tried previously and my message went unanswered so I will try again. Thanks.

Audrey8

Tried all those things and nothing worked. I get the message for every number I call (local) and all calls I recieve are listed as private.

@Audrey8 

here's a link to send a message to CSA for their help. Not sure why you're getting the 7B1 error message...maybe corrupt renewal caused...dunno, but they can help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Audrey8

No, using the $40 plan with unlimited calls. The plan is still active and Public is receiving my payment every month.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Audrey8   Try rebooting the phone or reset network settings . Also make sure the account is active and not on hold . And make sure your putting a 1 in front of the contact your calling 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Audrey8 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues. 

Please reach out to customer support and they will be able to assist you.

Use the link below to directly message a customer service agent for support. They will answer you in the mailbox here on your community account so please keep an eye on that. Click the profile picture on the right side of the screen (beside the bell icon) to view the messages. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Audrey8 

don't cancel anything just yet. Have you confirmed if your current plan is still Active ? Are you using the $15 plan with limited outgoing calling mins (100 mins) ?

Need Help? Let's chat.