cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone seen this type of promotional data?

jordan92
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I originally had this in my account but has now disappeared. I'm not sure where it came from as I've been a long time public Mobile member. I've gone over my limit and am now using data from promotions in the past but thought I had this 4gb which has now disappeared... Any ideas? 

Are there promotions with expirable data? 

1665943211592.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jordan92 

When did it appear? Had you been suspended for more than 30 days, reactivated and it suddenly appeared a few days after reactivation? Log out and close all browsers and reboot the device. Log back in with secret/incognito mode. Does it appear under promotions? There's a chance it's a data bonus add on gift for reactivating the plan if you suspended?

@jordan92    I believe you needed to respond to the text and I don't think everyone in BC/Alberta got the offer.  IIRC some people actually snagged the deal by responding to the shortcode it was sent from even though they didn't receive the offer, wish I had done that for the other accounts as I only received it on one!

Your screenshot shows the promo being  1/1, so it's not the same offer I was thinking of.  Maybe you received it as part of one of PM's older contests or as a compensation for some account issues in the past?

It would look like this:

dust2dust_0-1665951202050.png

It was from Aug '20 or thereabouts. But maybe you used them all. They sent it out by text and then you would have had to reply Yes to it. It was texted from 5179.

jordan92

I'm not sure that I do have those 1000 ld minutes. I am based out of BC and have been a member since the old school 2016 Black Friday plan, so I'm sure I should've collected that promotion... 

@dust2dust   I think you're right about where the promo data vs the retention data/mins appear in the account.  Yes, my suspended account also has the 500 minutes in the promo area.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@dabr- I wondered the same thing and had a look. No, all those add-ons are up in the add-on area. One or two of my accounts do have a welcome back gift of 500 minutes down in that promo area.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jordan92   Are you in BC or Alberta?  IIRC PM gave out some bonus (retention) data and 1000 minutes to customers in those provinces when Shaw Mobile started offering service around summer/autumn of 2020. 

PM was supposed to offer 1000 Canada wide minutes plus 1GB or 2GB data for customers on $15 plan and 5GB data to anyone with unlimited minutes plans.  However, due to some mix up of the text sent to customers, PM ended up giving all customers in BC/Alberta 5GB plus 1000 minutes, but for some customers (those on $15 and $10 plan), the data got split into 1GB and 4GB add-ons in their account.  Do you also have 1000 Canada wide mins available in your account?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The 1/1 indicates that it's one time. Use it then you lose it. Interesting number though. 5gb is more the normal amount.

Adding - an earlier version of the new site showed finished add-ons. I thought that was a great feature to stop people from asking hey where's my data. Um, it's done. That promo is no different from the other add-on area. They just disappear.

But your image show no usage from that bucket. How long ago was that?

jordan92

I don't believe I saw it being used. I have other promotions indicating 100% depleted whereas this one just disappeared. For the most part, my data usage never really goes past the limit so I was just a bit concerned this time around. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jordan92 

Some of these data promotions are one time use for one cycle, or they repeat for a limited number of Cycles

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jordan92 any plan  chamge lately?  try check again using Incognito mode, could be just cache issue 

Need Help? Let's chat.