cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had issues verifying then technical support needed to come in

Cndnsnobrdr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone had the issue with the esim having a synchronization error? I'm switching to public mobile and it has not been 5 days and I'm without a phone number or anything. Or rather I picked my phone number I just can't use it. This is absolutely getting ridiculous I am getting sick of not being switched to a third customer service representative I messaged them every day to see what's going on and I keep on getting having to wait for an update and I realize that this is probably the truth but at the same time I'm getting a really bad taste in my mouth about this.

6 REPLIES 6

Cndnsnobrdr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Their prorating me from the day that I bought my plan, and sending me a SIM card at no charge. So I'm glad that they're taken care of that

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cndnsnobrdr  what is the exact error message about the "synchronization error"?

So, you don't have phone and data service at all?

and you picked a new phone number during activation? or porting in number?

Did agent say they are escalating to Telus engineers?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cndnsnobrdr - there has been some issues / posts about eSIMs and needing CSA (customer support)to get sorted out.

That has been a long time without resolution. What are the agents saying is the issue 'synchronization error', what does that mean exactly?

If you are messaging back every day, I would message back twice a day. Maybe ask for a supervisor to escalate it.

@HALIMACStrue . And that’s valid . But in Canada we don’t have eSIM only devices and sure hope that never happens . I’m not fan of eSIM and see it as just another money grab 

some devices do not have the option of a physical SIM, depending on model and location of its market.

For instance, iPhone 14 and above models in the states are all eSIM.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Cndnsnobrdr consider just getting a physical sim and using it . I’m not a fan of eSIM . To many issues on here for my liking . And besides it’s only for new activations . So if your replace your phone . And you have to go to physical SIM anyways . As existing customers cannot get eSIM for now . And even if we couldn’t it would cost more money every time you wanted to change devices . But not with physical SIM you just take it out of phone . And put  into the new phone no money no hassle . I’ll stick to physical SIM until Im forced to go eSIM . But that’s just my .02cents 

Need Help? Let's chat.