cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked email

Nickels
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My email was hacked , I can't get into my account, Ive made a new email but cannot log in, what now ??

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nickels you still need to message mods to change the email on the backend, the selfserve only changes the username  not the backend.

Nickels

I managed to get into my account and changed what needed.  Thanks 

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Do you still remember your password?

If so, use your hacked email and your password to log in and change your username, as said in the previous post.

If not, Ask a moderator (Can take up to 48 hrs, 1 message at a time) with:

• Your PIN#
  • If you do not have access to your PIN#, you can provide 3 elements of the following information: Date of Birth, Address with Postal Code, Home or business contact number, Commonly called numbers or text messages (SMS), Last top-up amount and the date, the Last booster purchased and the date or Email address.

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

@Nickels wrote:

I can't get into my public mobile account, I have all my info

@Nickels

I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details.

In the meantime, if you need to renew or purchase your plan/add-on very quickly so that your plan does not expire, you can submit a payment through the Automated Service IVR (More information, please see the How Can I Pay For My Service? article).

Make sure to also change your community e-mail to the same as self-serve to have the accounts linked for rewards purposes.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:email

Nickels

I can't get into my public mobile account, I have all my info

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Nickels wrote:

My email was hacked , I can't get into my account, Ive made a new email but cannot log in, what now ??

Can't get into your public mobile self serve account?

You should be able to log in using the old e-mail, then contact the moderator team to change your e-mail address on file.

For Selfserve, go to My Profile and then go to Change Username. When you change the username (email address) on the self server portal, it only changes the credentials that you will use to login.  The actual email address on record for official business such as password reset has not changed. I am not sure why the system functions this way as it can create huge problems later. The only solution is to reach out to the moderator team and have them take care of email. Click this to send them a message

When interacting with the moderator team, it is important to identify yourself with account PIN code, phone number / account number and provide as much information so that the moderator team can work on the issue without having to ask for further information.  Each interaction causes further delays

Need Help? Let's chat.