cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a text message by someone and would like to trace it

Wayoff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I receiced a text message by someone that knows my name and refused to give me their name. I was hoping I could get a moderator to help me with this.
7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo that was my thought too--if they are of a harassing or threatening nature, definitely contact the policy non-emergency number and open up an investigation.  Otherwise yeah just ignore.  If it's a troll trying to bother you, they feed off your reply so the best thing to do is go radio-silent and ignore them.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
Can possibly try truecaller.

But when you say trace what info do you want to get?

Also nit sure what the texts said but if the situation warrents call the police?

Otherwise block the number and enjoy the weekend.

Wayoff
Thanks for trying to help. Are you aware of a online service that could trace the number ?

My friends do this to me all the time. They use either an app or go online to a number generator and just text from there. I usually ignore them. So it could be one of your friends just playing a joke. As mentioned you can look up the phone number through google. If it is associated anywhere on the internet or facebook, it will show up. But as also mentioned PM cannot give out any personal information to anyone, its how they protect us, ect.

If you have your # associated anywhere, like facebook. You could remove it. Not sure what your privacy settings are. If you have it so anyone can view your full profile, or just your friends. You may want to look into that too

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @Wayoff,

As @mimmo mentioned, unfortunately we can't really give out any customer personal info and it is not very likely that this person is with PM anyways. 

However one thing you could try (other than a google search) would be a Facebook search! If this person has their phone number linked to their Facebook account, when you type in their number in the Facebook search bar, their profile will appear 🙂

If you try that, please let me know how it goes! 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Wayoff
Thanks for posting, still hoping someone crom public mobile could help.

mimmo

have you tried calling the number from you phone or a different phone.

Not sure what a mod can  actually do for you, as they cant give out personal info and even if they could the likleyhood taht this person is on PM i dont think is that high.

Need Help? Let's chat.