cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment without a public mobile number.

jurmpedrosa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Since April I've been paying a service that I never used. I'm a client of freedom mobile , but every single month on the 17th I have been charged with a payment of $48.59 directly from my debit account.
14 REPLIES 14

@jurmpedrosa wrote:
My card wasn't been compromised. I already talk with my bank and they can't do anything.

Yes, your card very much has been compromised.  At the very least someone out there has your card number and is using it.  Call them back immediately and hope you get someone else on the line this time. It's shocking that a bank employee would say something like that we you have unauthorized charges on your account.  Where there could be a problem is this happening multiple times and you not saying anything to your bank until now.  They may only be willing to reverse charges going back up until a certain time.

@jurmpedrosa wrote:
No, I never use their services. Rogers and now freedom. I don't know how can they do this because there's no number associate to the withdrawal

Honestly, since you have no businesss relationship with Public Mobile and have been a customer, I would just file a dispute with your bank.  If it is a Visa Debit card,  a chargeback can be filed under the ground that the charge is unauthorized.

I would also immediately contact your bank and have the card cancelled and replaced with one that has a different number.  Someone has used your card number to make the payments.  It's not just random either because there are security checks in place such as the your name, address, card number, and CV verification being required for the payment to go through. 

Saying all that, I don't believe that this is Public Mobile's fault.  I believe that someone has copied your card number down, and there's a good chance that it''s someone you know who has done this because they would also have to know your name and where you live.   There are also website that impersonate that of the major banks in attempts to steal your information.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zhadj030@ShawnC13 agreed, this is an important clue.  I was thinking this as I read the OP, and was going to reply about it until I saw you have beaten me to it.  This definitely points to it NOT being Public Mobile, since the payment date changes month to month.  

@jurmpedrosa what exactly does it show on the debit line on your statement or online bank account?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@zhadj030, good call on that.  2 of the 3 months are 30 days so that could be reason it is close

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

@jurmpedrosa wrote:
Since April I've been paying a service that I never used. I'm a client of freedom mobile , but every single month on the 17th I have been charged with a payment of $48.59 directly from my debit account.

It is weird to see this, since PM plans are 30 days and not a month, so if it shows every month on the same date I would not think that it is PM strickly speaking. 

Every 30 days do not necessairy mean that it will be the 17th every month but it will be a different date every month since not all months have 30 days

@jurmpedrosa wrote:
My card wasn't been compromised. I already talk with my bank and they can't do anything.

That is not correct. At a minimum they can cancel your current card and issue a new one. Speak to the fraud department. DO NOT WAIT. Since your card has been compromised you can expect more charges.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Can PM "see" which phone number is using the bank account?

jurmpedrosa

@Luddite, yes posted at same time and this is coming directly out of their bank account not even a Credit Card account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@jurmpedrosa If you have never had an account with Public Mobile but are seeing charges on your credit card, your card has been compromised. Immediately contact your bank, report its misuse, request refund, and get a replacement.

Publc Mobile could only be charging your card if it has been registered to one of their accounts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@jurmpedrosa, have you checked other things?  Possible Identity Theft?  The only way I think they could get it directly out of your account is if you have a Visa Debit as they don't have an Interac type payment here.  So I would be more inclinded to think that if this is the case you are the victim of identity theft. 

jurmpedrosa
No, I never use their services. Rogers and now freedom. I don't know how can they do this because there's no number associate to the withdrawal

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Did you join PM before ?

Did you have a number or a plan before with them ?

IF yes you will have to enter your old account and remove your credit card from the autopay to stop getting charged. your plan will get suspended and eventually deleted after 90 days

If not then contact a mod and see who has your credit card registered on their plan

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you will need to contact the mods give asmuch info about your old acccount as possible. hopefully they can sort it out.

You need to send the moderators a private message

To send a private message to the Moderator_Team click here

Need Help? Let's chat.