cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW DO I CANCEL AN ACCOUNT THAT I DONT HAVE BUT AM BEING CHARGED FOR????????????????????????

Angela_S
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HOW DO I CANCEL AN ACCOUNT THAT I DONT HAVE BUT AM BEING CHARGED FOR?

15 REPLIES 15

Angela_S

thank you so much!!!

Angela_S

wrong - entirely possible  (lol)

Angela_S

yes  Thank you so much!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

Very possible. Or at least it was both in store and with online activations. Both occurring when error message was recieved and the Sim card did not provision upon activation. If the activation went past the payment page and no one checked if the payment card was charged this error could occur. In store the clerk would assume the Sim card was a dud and redo the activation with using the same info but a new Sim card bypassing the Sim card lockout hour (if that was in place at the time) and with an incomplete account set up the activation portal would accept the same email address.

Last year at this time there was a huge problem of multiple activation charges showing up on credit card statements after pm removed the one hour Sim card activation lockout and customers activating online would encounter the provisioning issue and keep trying to activate the Sim card until it successfully provisioned to the account. One customer did this 8 times without ever checking his credit card.....until he got his statement and he freaked out.

It's not supposed to happen but it certainly can happen that the system accepts and creates more than one account with the same email. But you can only access the last account created with its password. All the other possible accounts' logins are inaccessible to the customer and can only be accessed thru the back end.

@Angela_S   it should be an easy fix, just need to open ticket with PM using direct message.  Have you open one yet?

@Angela_S wrote:

Thank you - i cannot log in as i have multiple accounts/phones and have somehow used the same email for two phones and 

You could NOT use same email to open two different accounts at PM. Not possible.

Angela_S

It is a work visa so I really don't want to cancel the visa (but will if I have to) as I have so many other accounts set up on it as well.

Angela_S

Thank you - i cannot log in as i have multiple accounts/phones and have somehow used the same email for two phones and i cancelled the one - BUT it has been charging me monthly for both and i can only log into the new account 😞

@Angela_S 

How did you “cancel” one?

There’s no option here to cancel a service.

The only way to achieve that is to Port the number to another provider or disassociate the payment card from that associated account.

Unless either of those two things were done, public mobile would continue to charge the card associated with the account.

@Angela_S wrote:

no - i have multiple accounts/phones and have somehow used the same email for two phones and i cancelled the one - BUT it has been charging me monthly for both and i can only log into the new account

HI @Angela_S   Oh sorry, do NOT use charge back.  If credit card reversed the wrong charge, it could stop the service of the other account, you don't want that

Please open ticket with CS agent and they can refund the overcharges from the closed account

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Angela_S   in such case, you need to open ticket with PM Support and get them sorted out and stop charging for the cancelled one

since you have another account still with PM, you can open ticket with PM using charbot or use direct message if there is any trouble opening ticket using chatbot

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Angela_S

no - i have multiple accounts/phones and have somehow used the same email for two phones and i cancelled the one - BUT it has been charging me monthly for both and i can only log into the new account

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Angela_S   

Someone took your card and activated here?

if you not recognize the charge, you can actually contact the credit card for a charge back.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Angela_S    If you're able to login to the account then disable pre-authorized payment or submit a ticket via chatbot and ask customer to remove any payment card.  Here's a link to chatbot:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

You can also dispute the charge with your CC if you don't have any service with PM but be sure you are not paying for a another family/friend on this card first?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Angela_S   why would you got charged on an account you don't have?  you were with PM before ? or you got charged but you were never a customer here?  any chance you are Koodo or Telus customer?  they might mix and match their names on credit card

and any chance you credit card was compromised?

you can open ticket with PM support and have them to investigate

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.