cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group chat issues

Tdawg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Having issues receiving from 1 contact in group chat but can receive from them individually. I have done all troubleshooting I can think of. Contact not blocked cause can receive individually, restarted phone, force stopped app, downloaded new app, deleted group & contact and added them back in. Some online help said it could be provider issue, others said possibly phone/SIM... Anyone have any ideas? 

17 REPLIES 17

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tdawg 

• turn off device take out SIM card and re-inserted back and turn on,
  • Airplane Mode on/off
  • Reset the network settings for both,
  • go to your text message app and clear data,
  • Updated version of Messages app,
  • Delete the contact and re-add it again and add  +1 in front of area code,
  • Check your software ios update up to date,

and reboot device. i hope is helpful.

Tdawg

Already activated. This chat has been used for a long time, it's not new. Only thing new is the issue

Tdawg

Not on my end. I can see when my message was delivered. She hasn't mentioned receiving an undeliverable message when she's sending either. The other person, who is on Rogers network can see them. The person I'm having issues with is with Freedom.... Maybe it is a phone issue then I guess

@Tdawg was there ever an underivable  error message or did it send with no error and the person just never receive?

Tdawg

No, same issue in both messaging apps so I know it's not the apps issue. It's actually my next door neighbour. So we're both in Canada and she is using Messages by Google as well. Previously the issue was happening to her with my messages, now it's me with hers and her provider suggested changing the SIM... Not sure that's really the issue though? 

Tdawg

Have tried that too. Doesn't change anything. I should add that occasionally a MSG will come through in the group chat from the other person and then I don't receive again just as quickly. Have tried on WiFi and off WiFi as well. 

@Tdawg 

You can tap Settings, and then tap More settings. Tap Multimedia messages, and then tap the switch next to Group conversation.

@Tdawg   sorry, you meant it was working fine with Samsung message and then stop working about switching to Messages by Google?

I guess the second person was also using Messages by Google?

do you know if you are sending RCS?  and the other person is in Canada?   

@Tdawg 

If Android, try adjusting Chat messages options.

1. tap Messaging app, 
  2. tap 3 little dots top right, 
  3. select Settings, 
  4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 
  5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

Tdawg

Silly me. Android, Galaxy A70, the other person using Android, some Motorola phone. Was using the Messages app that was on the Samsung when I got it (the one with 3 dots) now using Messages by Google. Same issue on both apps. 3rd person in chat can receive fine from both of us...Samsung Android phone. 

Tdawg

Silly me. Android, Galaxy A70, the other person using Android, some Motorola phone. Was susimg the Messages app that was on the Samsung when I got it (the one with 3 dots) now using Messages by Google. Same issue on both apps. 3rd person in chat can receive fine from both of us...Samsung Android phone. 

Tdawg

Not mobile data issue. Not for other person either.  3rd person in the chat can receive from both of us. 

Chrissyrioux12

Is it possible they are muted in the chat ?

LoveNature

@Tdawg 

maybe you sending a photo and is not going through because your mobile data is off.

and try to turn on your mobile data,

and ask other person to do so.

Follow all steps at those Links,

for iPhone

&

Android

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tdawg  what phone you have? (iphone/android?)  and can you confirm if the one who you don't get are using the same type of phone or different?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I doubt this is PM issue. Most likely your phone or app you use.

More details is needed: phone brand, app, etc.

LoveNature

Hi @Tdawg 

which device you using !

Need Help? Let's chat.