cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Customer service over email for a pretty complicated task

neilmh316
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I didnt think this would be possible.

My wife has the 4GB 40/month plan with PM and I had the 6GB wind plan.

My wife wants to go back go Wind Mobile (for whatever reason she was satisfied with Wind) I had to go to Wind since the 4GB plan was done when I needed a cell phone plan (left a job and left my cell phone with them)

4GB was not enough for my wife and i use no more than 3GB but i wasnt happy with wind's coverage at work.

To make a long story short, i ported my wife's PM number to a new Wind account, i ordered another PM sim card (took less than 24hrs) and ported my number over to PM and once i created my PM account i signed up for the 2GB  plan and was granted a one time deal to retain the 4GB plan.

All this was done through email hassle free. Thanks Public Mobile for the great customer service! 

11 REPLIES 11

EmeraldxPools
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Life isnt fair. And sometimes nice things happen to you and they dont happen to anyone else. Its the luck of the draw and you just have to accept it and not feel entitled to what someone else has. Ce la vie!

@CalvinW wrote:

@will13am Haha, that's me right now. PM, I need my 4GB right now, please and thank you. I don't think I can wait until the next promo, if there is going to be one in the first place. 

Lol, @CalvinW you are probably in a very long lineup.  I see other brands doing promotions right now.  My spidey senses say a promotion is around the corner.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am Haha, that's me right now. PM, I need my 4GB right now, please and thank you. I don't think I can wait until the next promo, if there is going to be one in the first place. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This kind of goodwill is not something that should necessarily be shared publicly.  It puts Public Mobile in a bind.  Another customer with have similar but not identical conditions would ask for the same favor on the basis of reading about such goodwill being offered in the community forum.  Where do you expect them to draw the line on who qualifies or doesn't qualify to get an expired promotion as these acts of kindness are not engraved into formal terms of service and are offered purely on the grounds of discretion.  Surely, any customer who asks and is denied will go ape in the forums and complain about discrimination.

I have discovered a secret to achieving reasonable, but "banned", requests from prepaid carriers in the UK and Canada (well 1 in each country anyway): polite persistence! If there is any wiggle room, this seems to work as long as one is prepared to stay with the carrier; especially effective when applied via Contact Us email or private messaging. Strident yelling in the forum seems less effective and usually results in the community telling the poster "that's not allowed", or ignoring them altogether. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@outdoorsaddix  this isn't taking over a plan though.  Her planned closed when she ported out because she needed more data.  He createda  new account and ported in his number but the 2gb wasn't enough so they gave him the 4 gb.  We have been on here telling people who are in similar situations where they want to port out their PM number to another carrier and bring in their other number to their PM Promo plan and that wasn't possible and never once did anyone from PM say we were incorrect.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

outdoorsaddix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 Maybe, but I don't really see what leg they would have to stand on unless they were in @neilmh316 's situation. 

I could maybe see some friends asking to take over their other's freind's plan who happens to be leaving for whatever reason, but those are likley to be few and far between because who would really leave unless they are getting a paid for corporate phone or are data pigs? 

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Lucky you. I will be the first. PM, please give me another 2GB. My current plan isn't enough.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@neilmh316  Oh boy I can see this thread causing some issues already for all those people who just missed out on the deal and now you get it granted to you.  Some will say you are taking over your wife's plan but you aren't you created a new account as your wife's account is closed once she ports out.  So that is great for you but I am sure PM will be flooded by requests now and how can they not grant it after people are reading this.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

That's awesome!  great customer service is what keeps people with a provider and thats all that counts!

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

WOW... that was lucky for you to get that.  Congrats, and welcome to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.