cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grandfathered Fall 2016 plan changed

bartbrk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm just adding to the chorus of people who's plans have changed without notice.

My grandfathered $120 plan has been changed to a $246 plan without notice.

This is, of course, unacceptable.  I have not agreed to a change in plan, nor would I have.

Is there any way to get my billing fixed so that it represents the plan that I signed up for?

44 REPLIES 44

bartbrk

@softech wrote:

@bartbrk   I agree what you said

just curious, so with the old My Account, it always show $120 plan?

but when it comes transaction log, is that true that it always has a higher charge and then apply the $1xx credit to offset it?

Public Mobile handling the plan incorrectly for so long undected is not a reason nor an excuse to not fix it.  Don't act like it is.

@bartbrk   I agree what you said

just curious, so with the old My Account, it always show $120 plan?

but when it comes transaction log, is that true that it always has a higher charge and then apply the $1xx credit to offset it?

bartbrk

@softech 

I'd prefer Public Mobile simply honour their plan without unnecessary complications.  Resolving any issues whatsoever.

Something that shouldn't be complicated.

@bartbrk   If... 

so, you didn't get charged $246?

Many of the "credit" will only show up during the transaction and not before.  So, when it renew, it should apply

Yes, there is still chance of error, I guess we just have to check our bill.  

if you are not confident  with it, I guess change to one of the current plan to have less headache

bartbrk

@softech wrote:

@bartbrk  But at the end of the end, you are only paying $120?

And if there's a bug like today, but it affects their billing stack and I'm charged $246?

@bartbrk  But at the end of the end, you are only paying $120?

bartbrk

What you said:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Yes it is saying the plan will always cost you $120

What the promo says:

This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days.

While I realize it borders on pedantry, those two sentences are not the same.  The Promo does not say it will always cost $120, it says the price will always be $120.  And the price on my account is not $120, it is $246.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

That was the key wording that prevented the price increase when they tried to do that

Except they have raised the price.  The price is $246 now, not $120.

Yes it is saying the plan will always cost you $120. To do that they apply the Fall Promo credit of $126. It has shown in the plan page or the old payment page I can't remember which one. I am not trying to make this like it I don't think your concerns are real. I am just trying to show had this plan has always shown in the payment history. The key to your screen shot is the part where it says as long as your plan is active it will always cost you $120. That was the key wording that prevented the price increase when they tried to do that

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bartbrk

From the horse's mouth:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

The description of the plan.

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

@ShawnC13You'll notice, what this does not say, is that the plan price will be $246, or some number greater than $120, and then discounted.  And that it will always be $120.  Public Mobile got into some controversy messing with this particular plan in the past.

My price plan is not $120 dollars, it's currently $246.  I might be paying $120 dollars, but those are not the same thing.

That's not no surprises.

@bartbrk this fall promo credit gets applied to your account every 30 days and had been like this for as long as I can remember. The plan was advertised at the price after the discount. I have attached a screen shot of my payment history.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bartbrk

The Fall 2016 promo wasn't a discount, it was the base price.  There's no discount to add.  The price shouldn't add up like that, it's wildly unnecessary and not the plan I'm subscribed to.

The attitude is disgusting, because it's hand-waving away Public Mobile's incorrect billing practices.  There's no reason for that.

The price shows up as that before the fall promo discount is added. Like I mentioned it has been discussed many times in the past. I am not sure why you feel my attitude is disgusting when they're was no attitude given just first hand knowledge and experience

bartbrk

@ShawnC13 wrote:

This plan has displayed this way for years. It then have the Fall Promo Discount applied to it to bring it down to $120. This has been discussed many times in the community before. This is not the same as the price increase on the $10 plan where notifications were sent out. To the plan holders. No such message had been sent to the fall promo. 

So they've only been lying about it for age and that somehow makes it okay?  That's a pretty disgusting attitude to have, quite frankly.  

The plan is $120.  Not whatever they want to invoice it as with discounts.  This needs to be fixed.

Don't worry, we have members here who can tie any PM failures with the $3 increase  LoL

This isn't the same. The $10 push did not show up as a price change in the self serve until the date specified. This plan has shown this way for years in the self serve. If people don't want to believe me then schedule a plan change to the new 4Gb 41.25 plan

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

This plan has displayed this way for years. It then have the Fall Promo Discount applied to it to bring it down to $120. This has been discussed many times in the community before. This is not the same as the price increase on the $10 plan where notifications were sent out. To the plan holders. No such message had been sent to the fall promo. 

dmaginnis

@dust2dust wrote:

@dmaginnis- Nope. We just went through this recently with a forced plan change of the old $10 plan. Some notice was given as a courtesy but they weren't required to according to the terms of service. Then they put the required notice on the plans page...3 months later.

If this is not in error then if it's more than 30 days until your renewal and then you renew on this plan then you will have agreed to it. It would be illegal in the case of the $15 plan unless they delay that change until after the next renewal.

This could be happening with the US calling plans too.

Changing a service agreement without notice and acceptance from both party's is illegal and/or not binding. Sure if I don't agree to the change I can terminate my account. but I have neither received notice nor have I agreed to a change of service. And you saying otherwise is frankly insulting.

@dmaginnis- Nope. We just went through this recently with a forced plan change of the old $10 plan. Some notice was given as a courtesy but they weren't required to according to the terms of service. Then they put the required notice on the plans page...3 months later.

If this is not in error then if it's more than 30 days until your renewal and then you renew on this plan then you will have agreed to it. It would be illegal in the case of the $15 plan unless they delay that change until after the next renewal.

This could be happening with the US calling plans too.

dmaginnis

@dust2dust wrote:

@dmaginnis- Correct. And those terms of service say that the company can change whatever they want whenever they want and state that they will put those changes on the plans page. They just did. As I said, I suspect this is in error. But it might not be.

I just happened to notice this by logging in because I was curious on what PM was doing about the 3G service shutting down and saw this. I have not been properly notified that anything is changing in regards to my payment agreement. So if this is not an error it is infarct an illegal change

bartbrk

@cici709394 wrote:

Even with a discount added to bring it down to $120. Unlike plan, discount can expire and be removed easily.

This is an enormous part of my issue.

$246 base price with discounts to a final price of $120 is not the same thing as $120 base price.  Incidentally, I signed up for $120 base price every 90 days.

Never has been, never will be.

Which is why it's not okay that this was forced upon us.

@dmaginnis- Correct. And those terms of service say that the company can change whatever they want whenever they want and state that they will put those changes on the plans page. They just did. As I said, I suspect this is in error. But it might not be.

cici709394
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same here -

I did NOT agree to $246 every 30 days for 12 GB Data,Unlimited Provincial Talk, and Unlimited International Text. Even with a discount added to bring it down to $120. Unlike plan, discount can expire and be removed easily.

dmaginnis

@dust2dust wrote:

@dmaginnis- If you pay that at your next renewal then you will have agreed to it. That's the deal. I would be quite sure it's in error. But realize your rights. They're quite limited in prepaid.

My rights are what I agreed to in the Terms of Service, and those provided to me by the CRTC and consumer protection laws. I have not agreed to have them changed, nor have I been given any notice of the TOS being changed.

magicdog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How is this resolved? I'm affected by the same issue. Because I rely on my phone, I had to select a different plan and now, despite having unlimited talk, I can't make calls. What the **bleep** Public Mobile? Do you test your code?

Luckily for me, and I suggest the rest of you, CRTC complaints are free: https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/plaint.htm

@dmaginnis- If you pay that at your next renewal then you will have agreed to it. That's the deal. I would be quite sure it's in error. But realize your rights. They're quite limited in prepaid.

dmaginnis

@dust2dust wrote:

Remember there's no such actual thing called grandfathering for prepaid. This could all be the 30 days notice as required by their contract terms that we all agreed to each time we renewed.

If not then great for those that don't get affected. The old $10 plan was illegally forcefully changed to a different more expensive plan not long ago. Dress rehearsal? Done. Gauge the response? Many people thought, meh. Test the fealty of the C C T S? Passed.

How is "illegally forcefully changed to a different more expensive plan" an acceptable answer here. This is completely unacceptable!

dmaginnis

@softech wrote:

@dmaginnis   No change to the plan.

Except there has been a change, even if it is in error, it is wrong until it is put back!
I agreed to $120 every 90 days for 12 GB Data,Unlimited Provincial Talk, and Unlimited International Text.

I did NOT agree to $246 every 30 days for 12 GB Data,Unlimited Provincial Talk, and Unlimited International Text

bartbrk

This is not a solution to this problem, and I don't know why it was accepted as one.

bartbrk

@softech wrote:
 But if they apply the discount back ,  it ok, isn't it?

sometimes which system change, they have to do this for accounting and system purpose.  

Why would that be okay?

It's still ignoring the fact that things have changed without notice or permission

And sometimes when you change a system, you need to accommodate legacy requirements.  This is one of those legacy requirements.  They have to do this for accounting and system purposes.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Remember there's no such actual thing called grandfathering for prepaid. This could all be the 30 days notice as required by their contract terms that we all agreed to each time we renewed.

If not then great for those that don't get affected. The old $10 plan was illegally forcefully changed to a different more expensive plan not long ago. Dress rehearsal? Done. Gauge the response? Many people thought, meh. Test the fealty of the C C T S? Passed.

Need Help? Let's chat.