cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grandfathered Fall 2016 plan changed

bartbrk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm just adding to the chorus of people who's plans have changed without notice.

My grandfathered $120 plan has been changed to a $246 plan without notice.

This is, of course, unacceptable.  I have not agreed to a change in plan, nor would I have.

Is there any way to get my billing fixed so that it represents the plan that I signed up for?

44 REPLIES 44

@bartbrk wrote:

Except, they have.

Looking at my payment details it's applying discounts to 246 dollars to bring it down to a final price of 120, which I then pay.

This is not the same thing as a base price of 120 dollars.

This is more than a display error.

@bartbrk   But if they apply the discount back ,  it ok, isn't it?

sometimes which system change, they have to do this for accounting and system purpose.  

bartbrk

Except, they have.

Looking at my payment details it's applying discounts to 246 dollars to bring it down to a final price of 120, which I then pay.

This is not the same thing as a base price of 120 dollars.

This is more than a display error.

@dmaginnis wrote:

I'm also seeing this on my account.

My grandfathered $120 plan has also been changed to a $246 plan without notice. I also have not agreed to a change.

@dmaginnis   No change to the plan.

Either PM will update that plan back eventually or they will apply some kind of credit to offset the difference when it comes payment time.

Viper33

Due to constantly running out of data on the fall 2016 plan, and combined with the fact that all calls on the Gardiner/427 in Toronto get dropped since early this year, I just "upgraded" to the $45 6GB 4G plan.Did this online just now and chose the "early activation" option.  lets see what happens. Fingers crossed. 

Nobody's plans.have been changed today.  This is simply a display error.

dmaginnis

I'm also seeing this on my account.

My grandfathered $120 plan has also been changed to a $246 plan without notice. I also have not agreed to a change.

bartbrk

Mine is the same as @Viper33, so I'll not bother with a duplicate image.

@Meow  I am in touch with a CSA right now.   

They are saying $246 is correct, and then a discount is applied to bring the total to my plan's $120 price point.

Now, I'm not a mathematician, but I do know that $246 with discounts applied is not the same thing as $120 with no discounts.

So it seems my plan has been changed without my consent.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Seems like a glitch, some people report the same as you. I would wait 1-2 days to get the bugs ironed out and hopefully, it will be fixed.

Viper33

Viper33_0-1657727365813.png screenshot of the $246 glitch

@bartbrk @Viper33 Can one of you please post a screenshot of this? It would help PM to look into this. 

Viper33

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm trying to upgrade to the new 4G plan - dont see the option here but i need to get this fixed asap as my plan is up for renewal next week.  

Also.. For the past few months all calls and signals complete are being dropped  on a very specific stretch along 427 / Gardiner highways in Toronto - our daily commute.  Chat agent said upgrading to the 4G plans would fix this problem which never existed in previous years.  Is there any information on this?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Contact agent for clarification and if you do not mind report here what was the outcome. I doubt they changed your plan without notification and what you see might be some kind of glitch due to new site going live.

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@bartbrk @Viper33 Seems like a bug in the new self-serve portal. Don't make any changes at this time until they confirm. I am sure the price or the term did not change for any grandfathered plans. 

Viper33

Same issue here

Need Help? Let's chat.