cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give my money back!

Franco520
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I never activated my public card, and now my fees for October, November, December 2023, and January 2024 have been charged. This is theft!

I never activated my public card, and now my fees for October, November, December 2023, and January 2024 have been charged. This is theft!

22 REPLIES 22

@HALIMACS  you are correct. That what's why I said they can tell the cc that didn't receive the service that was paid for. It will take some maneuvering/ side stepping. But I know what you mean. 

@Franco520  There is no option to delete credit card info only support can do that for you . Please use the direct link to support I sent you bottom of the page . Your very first reply 

all you can do is turn off auto subscribe @Franco520 

Turn auto subscribe off/on

Handy1_0-1705444967508.png

Franco520

Please tell me where I can find the "delete the credit number"  button. There is no function at all! 

Franco520

I purchased the card and it wasn't transferred from Fido to Public Mobile, I didn't have it set up or any automatic payments, so I now suspect that Public Mobile is not secure at all.

I need to delete my credit card information. Is this feature available? Isn't this theft?

That's correct,  you cannot delete it only support can do that. But you can turn off the autopay yourself.  Click on the subscription button and switch it the other way. It  should be in green right now when you turn  it off it should be red. 

@Sansan wrote:

I don't know if all credit card companies work the same, I would assume , so they are all guided by Visa International and Mastercard rules and regulations,  but a client has 30 days from the receipt of a credit card statement to dispute transactions they do not agree with. It's the client job to ensure they check every month and report any discrepancies right away.

It's in the fine print of every statement.  In the case of 'not receiving the service paid for ' you might stand a better chance. 

I would work with public mobile first. 

I understand @Sansan , however if the OP's credit card was used in a manner outside their knowledge or consent, and moreover for a service they claim they didn't receive, I'm betting there is some level of recourse with the credit card provider.

Indeed, I too would exhaust avenues with the service provider first (as I generally do), however I've also done a few chargebacks over the years and the process was seamless for me when I did.

I would inform the credit card provider that I intend to attempt resolution with the merchant with a view to returning to them if the merchant is uncooperative.   This way a notation is at least made with them towards resolution.

Saying all that, I have a 'gut feeling' this OP got into a situation they either did not understand, or failed to take the necessary precautions to ensure they understood what they were getting.   Just call it a hunch ...

that's not what i wrote , @Franco520 

please re-read my post

best of luck

Franco520

But there is no function to delete the credit number button. All of my credit card information is still retained on the website, and there is no ability to delete credit card information at all.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Franco520 

if you have not activated Public Mobile, then PM is not the thief but your card either being used by family members or got stolen.  You need to report to police instead 

actually you activated and just decided not to continue, then PM not thief either, just you didn't diable autopay.  Plesse login My Account to disable it.  You didn't cancel it properly, you cannot say others are thief

Do you still have access to the public mobile account online? If so, you can turn off the automatic payment yourself.  Click on Payment,  Subscription, then move the radio button to the opposite side to turn it off. Then to remove/ delete the credit number, you have to submit the message as previously advised by others.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Franco520 wrote:

There is no way I can delete my credit card information. There is no such feature in my account. Public Mobile simply cannot let me delete my credit card information!

Contact CS Agent at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to do that for you.  I think usually people would port their number out and that automatically closes the account.  But I agree you should be able to close your account yourself or at least remove the payment card.

Franco520

I originally wanted to transfer from Fido to Public mobile, but I decided not to do that. But Public won't let me delete my credit card information. I have never used any Public Mobil phone cards. But my credit card keeps being automatically charged

I don't know if all credit card companies work the same, I would assume , so they are all guided by Visa International and Mastercard rules and regulations,  but a client has 30 days from the receipt of a credit card statement to dispute transactions they do not agree with. It's the client job to ensure they check every month and report any discrepancies right away.

It's in the fine print of every statement.  In the case of 'not receiving the service paid for ' you might stand a better chance. 

I would work with public mobile first. 

pmbc

@Franco520 You must have signed up for an account to give them your credit card, yes?

Franco520

There is no way I can delete my credit card information. There is no such feature in my account. Public Mobile simply cannot let me delete my credit card information!

Franco520

NO. 

I didn't confirm it at all. I bought a Public phone card and I was supposed to transfer Fido to Public, but I didn't do that. I didn't activate it. But now my credit card is being charged every month. This is not theft, what is this? Moreover, I have destroyed my previous Public SIM Card and have not used it at all. But the money is still being deducted every month.

I didn't activate it, nor did I switch from Fido to Public, but my credit card was automatically charged every month.

pmbc

@Handy1  They charge when you sign up no or upon SIM activation?  If you sign up and don't activate I only assumed they would charge you every 30 days to keep the account active.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

How were they charged unless you provided a credit card @Franco520 ?

If you signed up for a plan, then awaited to receive a SIM card, you might have wanted to have followed up within a couple of weeks as opposed to months later.

You might get somewhere with the customer support agents, however, you also might not.

Your other option is to do a chargeback with the credit card provider if you no longer wish to have any affiliation with Public Mobile services and since you didn't receive what was paid for. (presuming the reason is non-delivery of the SIM card...)

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

So if the sim card was never activated how does the fee get charged? What fee if a plan was never selected? I have seen many posts saying that service is not billed until sim card is activated. 

When I ordered my card it came within 2 days but I didn't activate or chose a plan until 2 weeks later and was I not charged during that time.  So how does the above alleged statement work?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Franco520  Yikes that’s not good . Please submit ticket with support right away 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.