cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift Cards for Christmas

Mywrites2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there the option to purchase gift cards for Public Mobile to build up customers?

13 REPLIES 13

Irene_45

Thank you for your assistance.  Much appreciated

@Irene_45 

Nothing in life is free....except at public mobile! Text YES to 4911 and you should be good to go. Its taking awhile for them to show up in your account but you will get a text once they do.

@Irene_45 wrote:

I want to apologize in advance.  As a new customer I typed stop thinking it may not be legit and would be charged later on,  Talked to a local rep and he advised this happens around Christmas.  Is it possible for the text to be resent so I can type YES.

@Irene_45   Try respond  with a YES to shortcode 4911. 

If you don't hear back before Dec. 15th, then you can contact customer support via the chatbot bubble bottom right of the screen and they will be able to add your gifts to your account.

Irene_45

I want to apologize in advance.  As a new customer I typed stop thinking it may not be legit and would be charged later on,  Talked to a local rep and he advised this happens around Christmas.  Is it possible for the text to be resent so I can type YES.

@flighteye 

Great way to save on vouchers! Are you purchasing discounted SDM gift cards or mall gift cards that can be used at any retailer in the mall? As I haven't seen SDM gift cards discounted before but 15% off is a fairly significant savings.

@Meow 

The biggest concern would be any possible exclusions on the gift card as prepaid phone cards, minutes and/or vouchers are almost always excluded on promotional gift cards but are usually included on regular gift cards. But remember gift cards are final sale so yes definitely do your research first.

Canadian tire gift cards occasionally get discounted or come with an additional $25 gift card when you buy $300 worth at SDM ( sorry no redeeming or earning of pc optimum points or canadian tire money on gift cards.) Vouchers purchased at the Canadian Tire customer service desk are delayed in validity (we think to the end of business day) but RTP(real time payments) can be made at Canadian Tire gas bars using your phone number and have a $1 fee.

Canadian Cell Supplies sells pm vouchers with a 10% premium on top when paying with any other method of payment other than interact debit card or cash. Very occasionally they are discounted previously up to 20% off but lately by 10% off. For voucher sales shipped outside of Ontario buyers are responsible for the remittance of their own provincial sales tax if applicable so CCS charges 5% gst only on these sales.

@flighteye wrote:

I buy $40 payment vouchers from Shoppers Drug Mart and apply to my and my Mom's account. I can get Gift Cards from Yorkdale or Oshawa mall when they're on sale about %15 and use them to buy Public Mobile payment vouchers from the SDM in the mall.

Thank for the tip. I have to check my local Shoppers to see if they sell those. Never used voucher... so before I go there will have to read, read, read how to use them.

flighteye
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I buy $40 payment vouchers from Shoppers Drug Mart and apply to my and my Mom's account. I can get Gift Cards from Yorkdale or Oshawa mall when they're on sale about %15 and use them to buy Public Mobile payment vouchers from the SDM in the mall.

@Mywrites2 

Actually the retailer @Anonymous is referring to has made some changes to their activation bundles allowing for them to be preactivated and shipped or shipped unactivated and they will still honour the promotion that they were originally purchased under if its a CCS backed promotion.

Their first foray into using this new method ended up benefiting customers who ordered the unactivated bundles choosing to wait to activate until they received them via Canada post.

A regular activation bundle includes a free sim card (msrp $10) and a 20% to 30% discount on the first 30 days of service. $15 plan=$12(currently only $10!!), $25=$20, $35=$27, $40=$30, $50=$35 and the $70 plan=$50.

On top of these regular discounts CCS will often offer data promotions or a free 2nd or 3rd month free credit on top of the activation bundle discounts in a limited 2 or 3 day flash sale. Local customers can pick up their bundles in store or in Mississauga but the rest of Canada has to wait about 5 business days for their sim card to arrive before activating thru the CCS website. (Unless you can't wait to port in before paying for another month of service with the old provider.)

Well this past August CCS offered a free second month credit. By choosing the $50 plan with the highest savings percentage and switching on first renewal to a lower priced plan they were able to get a higher credit in their accounts. $50 plan downgrading to the $25 plan would allow for a minimum of two more months of service (3 total) for the initial $35 investment. (+$10 bonus referral credit and accumulated rewards.)

The kicker was by the time most had received their unactivated sim cards pm offered a stackable 5gb bonus data add on to $25+ plans activated in store. These stackable promos beat the best black Friday or holiday promotion yet.....with the exception of concurrent bonus dual $20 referral credit.

More info on what else CCS also offers on its website see below.....

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/saving-plans/products/free-sim-card-with-public-mobile-saving-plan-for-1-month

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Go to Staples and buy some business card stock.

Make up some $10 off coupons with your advertising and also mention that your referral code 7r9fepm must be used to receive the $10 off. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mywrites2 : No such thing as gift cards here. You could buy a SIM and have it delivered anywhere. You could buy vouchers from recharge.com and have it emailed anywhere. The other online vouchers send a text. So you could send the text to any active text-receiving number so they can be ready for the activation.

One "online" retailer muddies the waters by optionally doing the activation and then sending the activated SIM out. I'm not a big fan of this method but it seems to be popular around here.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can purchase vouchers at various retailers.

Here is a previous thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/purchase-a-voucher/m-p/585235

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Mywrites2...not right now but you could buy payment vouchers at local retail outlet like Shell gas and give them if you like.

This place has PM sim cards for $5 and can be delivered well before Xmas....

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

Need Help? Let's chat.