cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting out

Bobbybuilder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok so I have had nothing but a bad experience here all I want is to get out with my number if the powers at be see this, well it's your move because I'm going to continue to write horrible reviews of pm and Telus until someone finally does something then and only then it will stop I have also recruited friends and family to start writing reviews as well so someone get off the pot and make this happen 

14 REPLIES 14

@Wyse  Do I understand correctly, you requested your new provider transfer your number to them from Public Mobile, but the number you were porting in to Public Mobile never got transferred?  If you ported your PM number out your account will be closed which is why no profile.  If your number was never ported successfully to Public Mobile then you need to address the issue with your previous provider before PM, is that account still active?  Or am I misunderstanding the situation?  BTW you might be better to start a new thread since this one is from last year and less likely to be noticed.

Wyse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your comments. I too am having trouble. There was a nightmare with my SIM card and so I just gave up. I am now with another provider. However, because I couldn't complete the process, I have no profile. My new provider has done all the work they can for me but my temporary number with PM has followed me. Do you know how I can fix this? Simply, I cannot change my number. Thank you in advance.

LWH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your anger and frustration are certainly justified but please listen to what people are telling you.

1) There is no live service department for you to contact directly. PM's support depends entirely on email. There are no demands, pleas or threats any of us can make that will change that. Unless you reach support via email, there's nothing anybody can do.
2) Public Mobile's operations are almost completely separate from Telus, (aside from SIM card sales). Telus support department cannot help, no matter how much they might want to.
3) This is a pre-paid service, you can leave at any time; you don't have to cancel anything. Once you reach the end of your 30-day billing cycle, cell service will immediately stop unless you make another payment. If you do not pay for 90 days, your account will be deleted automatically, and your number will be gone for good. If that happens, there's no recovery
4) If you manage to erase access to your online self-serve account, you will no longer be able to port your number to a new provider.

There's nothing personal going on here. These are the realities. You're dealing with an exceptionally low-cost, high-value provider and there will be some gotchas. Those who have stayed with PM have found workarounds. I, for one, have been in exactly your position--which gets all the worse when managing several accounts for different people. In my case, even the email support was useless. I wound up deleting all the old credit cards and re-entering the info with new expiry dates. (NOTE: I did this before the billing cycle ended, without loss of service. You're in a somewhat different situation, so I can't guarantee that would work.)

Your best bet is to get back into your self-serve account and restore your service by making a payment, no matter how much that grinds your gizzard. Then contact the support people, using the methods suggested by others in this thread. If the problem can't be resolved and you decide to leave, initiate an account with your new provider but keep the Public Mobile SIM in your phone until you get a confirmation text.

Best of luck.

hI @Bobbybuilder 

no need to get out of it.  payment issue usually get fixed, please submit a ticket with CS agent.  

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Bobbybuilder 

Sounds like you have this issue [Resolved] Issues Updating Credit Cards - Community (publicmobile.ca). You should try using vouchers like the other guy suggested. If you are dead set on changing provider switch to the cheapest plan available then renew with that and port. Also PM is separate from telus so you won't get any help calling telus. You can only get help from PM mods here.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Bobbybuilder 

If you've already started the process of acquiring service with another mobile service provider, you've kind of put yourself down a rabbit hole.

The only way you can get out of that (if you want to maintain your number), is to resume services with public mobile by paying what is necessary, thus allowing the port authorization text to be sent to you so that you can reply yes to it and have the number moved.

Your other option is to acquire a new number with the other provider and say bye-bye to your phone number.

Choice is entirely yours!

PS: recommend resuming back here with the $15 plan to save yourself some money because after you pay that amount and move your number there, it's not refundable.

@Bobbybuilder "I'm not paying them for me to leave".  The thing is if you want to port out your number the PM account has to be active, that's why you need to resume it, this applies to porting from any carrier.  The exception appears to be if you are going from PM to Telus or Koodo, which seems unlikely!   If your account is not resumed you won't be able to transfer your number.  You seem to have unfortunately run into the current credit card change technical glitch, were PM support not able to fix it for you?  

If you are going to leave, it's best you do it without causing yourself any problems.

It's not worth it.

If you stay, accept the type of system being offered and work with it.

We are all here as customers like you trying to help each other.

✌️

Bobbybuilder

Absolutely not they didn't want my money when I was trying to be a customer I'm not paying them for me to leave I might even start trying to find out who works for the company and digging into their lives 

Bobbybuilder

They shut my phone off for non payment when I repeatedly tried to make it but it kept coming back with the same message, we can't process at this time try again later like why don't they tell what the issue instead of sending you on a wild goose chase 

@Bobbybuilder PM has it own support team and hence Telus team won't be able to help

and PM is a prepaid provider and it is normal that service will be suspended if payment is not received before renewal.

For your situation, let's get your account resume first.  Please get a voucher from SDM/711/London Drug/Shell and then load your voucher using *611.  Once voucher is loaded, your service will resume

Once service is resume, engage support properly by messaging them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Bobbybuilder

The problem originally was that they wouldn't accept my payment so my service was shut off and after spending 23 hours over two days trying to figure out what the issue was and yes I tried everything everyone mentioned here and I watched YouTube videos and even made numerous calls to Telus only to be hung up on over and over again I decided that if they don't want my money then I'm going else where so I now have a temporary number with another provider but I want my original number ported 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bobbybuilder 

Honestly I don't think any bad reviews would affect PM...or would care. People will go to the carriers that offer the lowest priced service and support good connectivity. You can port your number over to any carriers you wish anytime but remember PM is a prepaid service so I would suggest you port over a few days before your renewal date as there are no prorated credits like postpaid service.

Since PM is a self-serve online service, members should have some computer and smartphone savvy before joining.

Otherwise, they should join on a full service carriers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bobbybuilder 

you can easily get out if you want.  

You can port out your number and your PM account will closed after porting completed

Or if you don't need the number, you can then simply disable Automatic payment on My Account

Let us know what you tried and what issues you have in your attempt to get out of PM

Need Help? Let's chat.