cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a card from another province.

Jas2317
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i bought a SIM card I’m trying to make the payment but I have to put the billing address same as the card I’m paying with which is from another province I don’t have any cards from this province what do I do???

16 REPLIES 16

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jas2317 

You can change your phone # to any province you like. The only difference is the taxes are based on the area code. If it's the maritimes you pay 15% hst. If it's BC you pay 7% pst +5% gst=12%. If it's Alberta you pay just 5% gst. The only restriction is specific Quebec plans require a Quebec phone #.

HI @Jas2317 

i am very confused if you are new subscribers to PM or not

if you are new to Public Mobile, just activate new account, use address that you used for your credit card to activate

Jas2317

So after I can change my phone number to any other province??

Jas2317

I never had their sim I’m a new customer trying to activate my sim 

RavingRaven

@Jas2317 

You should be able to change the province when choosing the phone #. Even if you cannot after activation you can change your phone # in your account. You can change it up to 4 times per 30 days. Just remember to update your eversafe ID with the new number after you change it.

@Jas2317 

you want to complicate things eh !! All you need to do is log in to your account and change your number to a local number.  You DO NOT need a new sim to do that.

pho.png

Jas2317

Question,if I change my subscription plan to the other province I came from(which I have to because my card is from there)do I get a number of bc?

Jas2317

To activate the pm sim it asks me the billing address of the card which is from bc then it says to change my subscription plan to bc so then I would get a bc phone number but I want the one in my province

@Jas2317 wrote:

I moved to a new province bought a sim but the payment card I have is from the previous province 

HI @Jas2317 

why you need a new sim card? just use the current account, go to My Account and change phone number to the new province you are in (of course, that would give up your old number). 

RavingRaven

@Jas2317 

Just use the address that is the credit card's billing address. The address on your account doesn't have to be current. Once the card is accepted it will remain on your account.

Jas2317

I moved to a new province bought a sim but the payment card I have is from the previous province 

@Jas2317 

@Jas2317 wrote:

I’m activating a new sim I bought 

you already have an Active PM account ? If so, you don't need a new sim just because you moved to new province.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jas2317 

just use your old address to activate your new PM account using that payment card. Then get a new payment card at bank or even a reloadable card at Canada Post or other retail locations.

Jas2317

I’m activating a new sim I bought 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jas2317 

you are activating a new line or not just updating card on an existing accounts, right?

the just put the address same as the billing address on the credit card and it should be ok (ie, the phone number you want to pick can be from a difference province, important is the address used on the credit card must match what you put for Public Mobile)

Need Help? Let's chat.