cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Spam Calls

Merin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am getting many calls asking for a person named Douglas. Is it possible to add my name on to the Caller ID number. So that if someone dials my number, my name will be displayed. 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Are they all asking for Douglas? Did you happen to ask them what number they are calling and does it match your number?

Do you have a new number perhaps?

Or, was a Douglas given your phone number in error?

@Merin wrote:

I am getting many calls asking for a person named Douglas. Is it possible to add my name on to the Caller ID number. So that if someone dials my number, my name will be displayed. 

it was mentioned that Public Mobile doe not broadcase your number.  However, even if they do that (which they don't), that wouldn't work for people who are calling you. That type of information only goes in one direction.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Merin 

ignore and block those number.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not show caller's name unless you have it in your address book.

PM will not show your name if you call somebody and there is no way to set it up that way.

If you are getting call form the same number you can block it. Otherwise most calls from unknown number to you are spam calls.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Merin 

No your name will not show up on the callers line. It is all randomly generated on the phishing calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.