cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend from the UK coming to Canada

GrayM28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

I have a mate arriving from the UK and traveling around the East Coast and Toronto for two and a half weeks. He runs his own business and uses a lot of data. Does Public have a product for him? Something he can add once he arrives next week?

If not then does anyone have any suggestions? 

Cheers!

7 REPLIES 7

GrayM28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone, I've got enough information. You can close this subject.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GrayM28 

I would point out that public mobile is experiencing a lot of delay with customer service at this time as a result of their transition from legacy rewards to points rewards. If your friend runs into activation or service problems, he may not get immediate help until this backlog has been resolved. 

You may wish to consider other service providers such as Chatr or  Lucky. You could even go to your local 7-Eleven store and see what kind of temporary sims are available.

FYI, I came across this offer in amazon.ca, Chatr $20 4G 75GB US and Canada calls:

https://www.amazon.ca/CHATR-Mobile-Prepaid-Card-Starter/dp/B0D1W4QPVW/ref=mp_s_a_1_9_sspa?crid=UDBSD...

funpig1

@GrayM28 

You could subscribe for a new account and plan for your friend's phone using your credit card. Have your friend pay you back. At the end of the 30 days, you can cancel the plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@GrayM28 

you could help him get this plan or any of the other currently offered plans. This offer says its only until May 20th though...but that could be extended by PM on that date. There's other plans available with lotsa data. Unless your pal has a valid Cdn credit card, you'd have to help him out using yours. He'll set up a new account using your address and credit card info.  Does he have a phone which accepts esim or perhaps dual sim ...otherwise he'll need a new PM hard sim. If you're in a bigger city, get to local Mobile Klinik to buy a PM hard sim for your bud.

sp

CANADA-US
5G 50GB FOR $34/MO

For a limited time*, subscribe to a 5G 50GB Canada-US subscription plan for only $34/month with a $0 activation fee and $0 eSIM.*** Offer ends May 20.

Neil11

Screenshot_20240515_102955_Chrome.jpgthis is plan with the most data 100gb.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@GrayM28  You can check out the available plans here.  He would need to use a Canadian credit card to initiate the plan though.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans 

@GrayM28 wrote:

I have a mate arriving from the UK and traveling around the East Coast and Toronto for two and a half weeks. He runs his own business and uses a lot of data. Does Public have a product for him? Something he can add once he arrives next week?

All Public Mobile plans are either 30 or 90 days long and there are no refunds for unused portions of the plan.  To sign up, a Canadian credit card (or Visa/Mastercard Debit card) will be needed. There are plans that include talk, text, and relatively large amounts of data for $50 or less.  Please note that all new accounts are set up so there is an automatic renewal.  Customers need to manually disable that option in the Public Mobile self serve account to avoid getting charged again.

Need Help? Let's chat.