cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please for a video or processes/guides on the steps to Join Public mobile from other networks.

ZandreBKY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi  tech support,

Please for a video or processes/guides on the steps on how to Join Public mobile from other networks. It will be very easy to follow. Last time I did lost a member  who couldn't get her number to work with PM and tech support didn't help, she had to switch back to her old provider. I am switching a friend tomorrow and would want to make the same mistake, she's coming from Koodo. Is there a you tube video that can help? if yes ,please for the link.  I am buying her sim card from telus tomorrow. She can't wait to join PM.

Thanks

Zandre

1 REPLY 1

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ZandreBKY 

I help a friend port over to PM last week with no issues. First check if your friend is on a Postpaid or Prepaid Koodo plan.

As requested:

The steps must be followed in exact order if you are porting your number over to PM:

• Make sure your old SIM is active so don’t cancel serviced with them.
  • Purchase a PM SIM from Amazon or Canadian Cell Supplies ($4.99) or pick one up from Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klinik store ($10.00) or eSIM from Public (ONLY if your phone is eSIM compatible so check).
  • Download the PM app on their phone to activate the SIM. Use the old account number and not the IMEI to avoid issues. Complete to step 6. Note that your previous service is Koodo prepaid…you will need to pick a temporary number and contact the CS_Agent to complete the porting of your old number.
  • Keep the old SIM in your phone and wait for the text from old carrier and confirm with YES you are porting over to PM within 90 minute window once you get the text.
  • Keep the old SIM in your phone until porting process is completed because the old SIM will continue to work for about 45 minutes to 2 hours. Process is completed when it is show SOS on the phone.
  • Power off the phone once porting is completed then switch to PM SIM and power on your phone.

Another advice is to read all the very small instructions and check boxes on the app and don’t forget to use your referral code.

Need Help? Let's chat.