cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Sim Card

Beth27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is anyone knows how to get a free sim card. i received a sms thatvyou can get a frre sim card till march 31 but when i checked it you still need to pay for it.

18 REPLIES 18

@hTideGnow wrote:

and maybe over 1.3 Mill cards given away?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Free-SIM-Card-From-the-Txt-msg/m-p/960312...

Interesting, since I had 1 zero dollar sim still in my cart, I was able to "inspect" the "data-inventory-qty" attribute just now, which returned "-7324". Now that I removed it from my card (maybe a dumb thing now haha, should have gone through with an order!) I can only add the $10 variant again, which has that 1.3 mil value...

So it would seem that 7324 was the final tally of free SIM orders... 🤓

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@esjliv   So you ordered more than once on Tuesday?  Was it to the same address?  I would have thought PM would restrict the free SIM to one per address at least.. 

Yes it was to the same address, same email too @dabr 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv   So you ordered more than once on Tuesday?  Was it to the same address?  I would have thought PM would restrict the free SIM to one per address at least.. 

HI @esjliv glad  you got one (one each order LoL).  This is why we stick to the Community, we deserve some freebies  🙂 

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @esjliv  you came to the party too late, it was free on Tue and Wed.    ( @BKNS27 , it was free yesterday, too, I ordered on yesterday)

HI@Lieux   But the page said till March 31. So, they already have enough order and closing the deal soon?

hTideGnow_0-1678988396378.png

No i didn't @hTideGnow , i ordered free SIMs (yes plural) on Tuesday, March 14th. Let's see if they come in.

@hTideGnow wrote:

and maybe over 1.3 Mill cards given away?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Free-SIM-Card-From-the-Txt-msg/m-p/960312...

It would be interesting to see how many of these SIM cards get actrivated. I did see something on the Public Mobile website advertising free SIM cards, but I suspect that many were ordered purely based off of the text message sent to existing customers.  A portion of those SIM cards will have been ordered just because there was no cost to the customer, but it could potentially lead to some additional lines being activated.

@hTideGnow  I don’t know but the fact is it’s not available today anymore.

Hi @esjliv  you came to the party too late, it was free on Tue and Wed.    ( @BKNS27 , it was free yesterday, too, I ordered on yesterday)

HI@Lieux   But the page said till March 31. So, they already have enough order and closing the deal soon?

hTideGnow_0-1678988396378.png

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Milk wrote:

It's FREE ------If you continue to payment it will show $0 - 

not sure for others, it shows $10 right up to the payment stage.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Beth27 

Unfortunately, the free PM SIM was only for one day on Tuesday, March 14. 😭

I checked on Wednesday and it went back up to $10 but it is still on sale at Canadian Cell Supplies online for $5 and $8.99 at Amazon.

@esjliv It’s not anymore free.🤷‍♀️ I think they have enough orders…😉

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Beth27 

just buy it from PM site here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/sim-card

complete the purchase and you will see it showing $0

Enjoy

@hTideGnow - it is no longer $0. At least not for me. What do you see?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

The SIM's through Public mobile WERE free, I ordered it!.  I never noticed any text or email about this, just here on the forum.

But now I see them charging $10.

PM will be bombarded with shipping out free SIM's (from the free period time). I'm curious what the Community Forum will look like in over 10 -15 working days!!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Beth27 

just buy it from PM site here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/sim-card

complete the purchase and you will see it showing $0

Enjoy

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Check that offer's small print. It could be that when you go to check out amount will be $0?

Who offered you free SIM?

Beth27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's FREE ------If you continue to payment it will show $0 - 

Need Help? Let's chat.