cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile VoLTE now available

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How do I know if my phone is compatible with VoLTE?   I have Android, Moto G6.  

8 REPLIES 8

@Nezgar wrote:

@softech wrote:

The VoLTE compatible phones listed on PM page is not the full list, there are phones that are not on the list but has VoLTE working.

Indeed! Happy to see this for mine... I sent a pretty please to CS Agents maybe they can "turn me on" ahead of schedule. 🙂

Model: KEYone BBB100-1

Your phone is compatible.

This phone will work on the TELUS VoLTE network.

This type of network change at carriers has traditionally been a provisioning update.  It's not really a matter of if they can do it but if they will do it.

@softech wrote:

The VoLTE compatible phones listed on PM page is not the full list, there are phones that are not on the list but has VoLTE working.

Indeed! Happy to see this for mine... I sent a pretty please to CS Agents maybe they can "turn me on" ahead of schedule. 🙂

Model: KEYone BBB100-1

Your phone is compatible.

This phone will work on the TELUS VoLTE network.

@EdN   what brand and model is your phone?  

EdN

I did the check using the IMEI, looks like my phone is not compatible, thanks for all the info

EdN

Hi, thanks, shows I have an IMSI number and voice network type is LTE.  Not quite what you had said but this is an older phone.  Is it the same as VoLTE?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@EdN , the Telus site has a VoLTE checker.  The checker seems to be rather "generous" with screening devices as some may be confirmed compatible but is not.  

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/how-to-use-volte

As for whether VoLTE has been enabled in your account, you can dial the following sequence *#*#4636#*#* to bring up a hidden menu.  Look for IMS status.  You want IMS to be registered and Voice over LTE to be enabled.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@EdN 

4G/LTE are available on PM and your Moto G6 is compatible with PM.

Here is the specs on your phone:

D56AABB4-58BB-45ED-B7BE-CBCE2A2EE462.png

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@EdN 

let gogle be your friend.

added....

Turn on 4G HD Voice (VoLTE) on Motorola moto g6 PLUS
  • On main screen, tap (All App)
  • Select (Settings)
  • And then (Network & Internet)
  • Select (Mobile network)
  • Tap turn on (Enhanced 4G LTE Mode)
  • Afterward at top right it'll show 4G sign, 4G HD Voice or VoLTE service is ready to use.
Need Help? Let's chat.