cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud

Highwall
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I made a phone payment of 80 dollars from my icici bank  whis was never added to my account  did you not get the payment 

17 REPLIES 17

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Highwall 

Please note that Public Mobile foes not accept debit cards only credit/debit cards like a visa/debit card or some mastercard/debit cards or a koho card.

Edit:

Sorry the post thread is out of order I must have hit newest to oldest or vice versa. I remember someone doing something similar in the past whereas they entered the account info for Public Mobile and the payment was accepted and sent but because you can't pay this way and the banking system as it is the payment was remitted to telus as the parent company.

As before contact your bank and....telus to find out where your $80 went.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Highwall

So about 3 months ago I used my debit card to make payments to public mobile but it  didn't went thru so I use a payment voucher that I bought from a store  , No my phone wasn't down for 3 months 

@Highwall wrote:

I made payment with my debit card   for  $40 each  I call the bank to cancel  one of the payment of $40   they told me the payment went true to public mobile so I was looking for service for two months but my phone got cut off and I have to go and buy a voucher to connect back my service  I been trying to get to public mobile  but they don't have a # for me to call   , I think there customer service is very low standard.   Right now I lost my phone  I went to go get a phone chip for a next phone   but I can't get back the same phone number I had   .. what's good.?

@Highwall  - have you been in nonpay status for over 90 days? If so, you lost your number and account, and you will need to activate the new SIM card with another number if you want an account with Public Mobile.

But if your account is within 90 days of being active you can get the same number on the new SIM card.

Best to get your account active by sorting out this payment issue by connecting with CSA. 

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Are you able to log into your account? https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

You can get the same number as long as it has been suspended for less than 90 days and you follow the steps already laid out for you re: changing sim card in your self serve

Highwall

I made payment with my debit card   for  $40 each  I call the bank to cancel  one of the payment of $40   they told me the payment went true to public mobile so I was looking for service for two months but my phone got cut off and I have to go and buy a voucher to connect back my service  I been trying to get to public mobile  but they don't have a # for me to call   , I think there customer service is very low standard.   Right now I lost my phone  I went to go get a phone chip for a next phone   but I can't get back the same phone number I had   .. what's good.?

Highwall

Sorry  for late reply  .....i make  payments through  Pm pay as u go  vouchers each month,   but about 3 months ago I made a payment with my debit card  twice 40 an 40   but my phone was disconnected even when my bank assured me the funds went to Pm , 

HI@darlicious   Another $80 profit for Telus in the coming quarter  🤣

and  @Highwall   before you made a chargeback, make sure you really didn't send to Public Mobile.  that could be a disaster if the fund went towards your Public Mobile account for a renewal but you make a chargeback

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Highwall 

You need to contact your bank. If I were to guess they probably sent it to telus.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@Highwall   Good, at least it is active

Open a ticket to reset the password for My Account first, then login and check what happened

I replied on your other thread on how to get reset password:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Lost-phone/m-p/824142/highlight/true#M552...

Highwall

Thanks for the information,  yes the account is active  . Thanks again 

@Highwall wrote:

No  am sure that payment didn't want through but the bank took the money  and told me it did went through  that was about 3cmonths ago 

@Highwall  did you lost your phone or without using PM service for over 3 months?  If your service is non payment for 90 days over, your account would have been closed

Just to confirm if your account is working, call 1-855-4PUBLIC, enter your phone number and see what it says.  It says unable to locate the phone number, then the account was closed permanently

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Highwall   Can you explain clearer what have you done?  I understand you mentioned you lost your phone and cannot access My Account on your other post.  How you make the $80 payment? You sure you made it to Public Mobile?  You shouldn't be able to do that on your bank account, just worry you send the money to the wrong place

Highwall

No  am sure that payment didn't want through but the bank took the money  and told me it did went through  that was about 3cmonths ago 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What kind of payment you did for PM?
PM accepts only Canadian credit cards and VISA debit.

There is no link between banks and PM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Highwall   You cannot pay PM bill from your bank account. 

Or you have an Icici bank credit card/debit card on the PM account and you used it pay?    If it is like that, do you see your My Account's Available Fund has $80?  Did Transaction history in My Account confirmed that as well?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Highwall 

Here is the how do I on paying online and what is acceptable.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-online

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

?? You can't pay into your account from the bank side. You would need Visa Debit (maybe Mastercard Debit) registered on this account to make a payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.