cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forget email and password

Manjindersingh1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hlo,I forget that I which email address I registered my account. Now I need to change payment method but it still not open and I don't

19 REPLIES 19

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel 

Hopefully I never need to test that theory!

@maximum_gato 

yes I agree with the 90 days deletion of the credentials. however, I don't believe a computer is needed to receive the link for the password reset. we were able to reset my parents passwords through mobile

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for diplomatic critic. You know what I meant and just as I made the assumption however you are also making an assumption that. " A non-regular customer would read" --some other members may correct your assumption of WOULD read to MAY read.  Just pointing out that sometimes grammatical and even spelling mistakes are made. 

Cheers.

@Tsawwassen- Regular members here should be using proper terminology so as not to send people in wrong directions. You're a regular member. A non-regular customer would read your reply and think - call? I can call someone here? Where? How?

But, of course, we all slip up on occasion. I highly appreciate it when others point out my errors because I want the information I provide to be correct. Others not so much. Others seem to think it's some kind of insult to be corrected.

Tsawwassen

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tsawwassen 

Cusromers wouldn't be able to call Public Mobile CSAs.

Ok meant - contact PM CS agents. And yes following the steps - Simon -- etc etc.

@Tsawwassen 

Cusromers wouldn't be able to call Public Mobile CSAs.

Tsawwassen

It may possibly be the email you registered for this community forum.  If that's not the case you need to call PM. service rep.

@maximum_gato 

I think you've mistaken me for someone else... 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Joe518 

Yes......ultimately contacting customer support will solve 99% of issues. However if everyone does that pm would have to hire more customer support agents to handle the increase in volume of support tickets and wait times would increase expediently. And to pay for more agents plan pricing would increase as well as the DIY online support model is what helps keep costs low at public mobile.

Joe518
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I follow @Hollister advice. My issue is solved😁

@maximum_gato   i still not think using desktop for password reset is needed, but of course, there are glitches here and there.  

As far as i know, changing sim card definitely need a desktop, even using desktop mode on phone would not work (which is weird and cannot have any technical explanation)

Yes, login in account regularly is good.  Not sure how many account you manage, maybe you need to set a monthly routine to login all accounts on the same day, but I guess it might be a full day of work for you with the numbers of accounts you have. LoL

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

In the past few months @gpixel would post about using a PC to log in....? I didn't understand until a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to help a referral swap his Sim card after his phone was stolen. He had 2 pm accounts....one with his email and one I had activated with one of my emails. We couldn't remember which was which so I tried logging to both and couldn't.... nor was I recieving the password reset.

So I sent a message to customer support for help but in the meantime one of my neighbour's happened to pop by and they had a laptop. I remembered @gpixel's comment and tried logging in on the laptop....ding! ding! ding!....logged in no problem to the account with his email.

I still had a problem with the one with my email until I phoned 1 855 4PUBLIC and discovered it had been deactivated a few days before...he had topped up and reactivated the wrong account. Oh well.....he was OK with that.

Needless to say I realized there were several accounts/referrals that  had not been logged into since December when I checked that they had received their holiday add on gifts from pm. All more than 90 days ago....I made sure I logged into all of the accounts I could think of that had not been accessed in the past 90 days to alleviate this issue.

Now I know I need to log into all accounts I manage all the time, some of time or even once in a blue moon to maintain an easy login since I don't have any regular access to a desktop or laptop computer and most of my referrals used their own email address for their activation/self serve account so my access is limited.

@maximum_gato   My account is active and I login all the time.  I am just testing if Reset password links work with if done it on the phone

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Have you logged into your account in the last 90 days?

@maximum_gato wrote:

@Manjindersingh1 

Make sure you use a desktop or laptop computer to use the forgot password link or you will never get the password reset email.

@maximum_gato 

this is not true, I just tested with Reset Password using my cell and I got the email instantly

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Manjindersingh1 

Make sure you use a desktop or laptop computer to use the forgot password link or you will never get the password reset email.

Edit:

The above statement is unsubstantiated....however more to the point was if 90 days has passed since you last logged into your self serve account then you may know your correct login credentials but need to use a PC to login eliminating the need for a password reset.

Submit a support ticket but they are currently closed for the day. If you need to pay forcrenewal asap you can purchase a pm voucher and load it via 611 on your phone or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering your 10 digit phone number.

Here is info on pm vouchers and other alternative methods of payment....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Manjindersingh1   try the forgot password link there, there is no maximum attempts, put in all the possible email addresses you should have used and see which one receive the password reset email

if nothing work, then following @Hollister suggestion to open ticket with PM support

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Manjindersingh1 

You will need to contact an agent. Option 2 below is the easiest method.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.