cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow up to Autopay issue - account reactivated but double payment

Jahir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On April 1st, PM deactivated my plan due to an Autopay failure.  Based on the advice of this community, I made a manual payment to reactivate my current plan.  This worked.

However, AFTER making the manual payment, PM automatically topped up my account.  As a result PM received a double payment for April. 

Jahir_1-1650830790901.png

You would think my account would show a credit balance but no, my account currently shows a $0 balance, meaning my double payment seems to be not accounted for.  How can I get this refunded?  It would also be okay if this amount showed up on my account as a credit balance, but that's not the case.

7 REPLIES 7

@Yummy wrote:

When it rains it pours...

Was you credit card charged twice, too?

You can ask agent for refund, provide screenshots of your PM transactions and CC charges.

You can even ask agent to credit your account instead of refund as your next renewal is getting close.

@Jahir  - @Yummy asks a pertinent question?

If your credit card was not charged the extra line item amount, then you really did not pay extra. Therefore, that would make sense that the funds do not show in your Available Funds area.

I would not be surprised if the screen shot you provided is a 'bit messed up' after that April 1st nuttiness.

If you DO SEE the extra charge on your credit card transactions, then yes, ask for those funds back.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jahir 

Thanks for the screenshot! Now that April Fools glitch makes sense at least. The payment system had a widespread autopay failure....but not the card causing the failure the system failed to initiate automatic top up without discrimination. Everyone's autopay failed to initiate so everyone was suspended for non payment except customers who choose to manually top up before renewal.

However once pm figured out the issue and rebooted the autopay system just in time for the April 2nd renewal payments to be debited. Anyone who payed manually and reactivated their service on April 1st went thru renewal again because the payment system detected those accounts with manually reactivated service as due for renewal. Anyone who was still suspended for "non payment" were skipped over as they should be when suspended in normal circumstances.

Contact customer support and ask for the extra (double) payment to be credited to your available funds. The CSA will be well aware of this glitch....put "April Fool's Day" double payment in the subject line and send a detailed message. Thanks for your solution to my brain to finally understand what went down....what a fool for my brain!💡🤔

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah once you get it squared away with a CSA it would prob be easier to just put that towards your next renewal

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When it rains it pours...

Was you credit card charged twice, too?

You can ask agent for refund, provide screenshots of your PM transactions and CC charges.

You can even ask agent to credit your account instead of refund as your next renewal is getting close.

@Jahir 

With your next renewal coming up very soon, probably it is easier to ask them to put the money back to Available Find on My Account , to be used for your next renewal,  than to do a refund to CC, which could be as long as 2 weeks

Jahir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will do!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jahir yes, some people got charged twice for the same reason . But no worry, open a ticket with PM support and they will reverse the charge for you

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.