cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family plan

lastfro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello friends

I was thinking about getting a phone/plan for my 10yo for Christmas. What are my options with Public Mobile as far as family plans/2nd account go?

Thank you very much,

Filip

7 REPLIES 7

@Dunkman wrote:

In general, Public mobile is well suited for a kid's cell plan.  There is no extra charges or overages.  For example, once the account runs out of data, it just stops working until next renewal date.  If your 10 year old needs a basic phone plan, the $15 or $25 plans are decent value plans for low data usage users.  

Same goes for outgoing minutes! If you chose $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes, after all 100 minutes are used no calls could be made until next renewal. You could always add 500 minutes for $5. This add-on minutes never expire.

Texting in/out and incoming calls are unlimited.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

$15 plan seems good for 10yrs old.

unlimited incoming calls

100 outgoing call minutes (Edit: check province wide or Canada wide)

unlimited texts

and if you put autopay, then 250MB data.

Also look for the holiday bonuses.. 

No family bundle at PM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lastfro 

You have options for saving money especially if you plan ahead. Check out the activation bundles at CCS. PM usually offers a free 30 day credit and a 5gb bonus data add on with their holiday promotions. These will likely be stackable. So if you order the activation bundle from CCS and wait til you hopefully get a good promo a day or two before christmas that you can then get CCS to activate the SIM card that you preordered and got shipped unactivated.

Read my posts in the linked thread to see how you can maximize the savings give your child a Xmas splurge of supervised data before changing plans on your first renewal to $15 plan. For an initial outlay of about $40 you will get about 6 months of service and a some promotional freebies to go with it. Feel free to private message me if you have questions.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/CCS-latest-pm-marketing/m-p/698797/highlight/t...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lastfro 

at Public Mobile no option for Family plan, you need to open new account with a different Email address, and you can use all same information like name and credit card and 4 digit pin and password,

check your device with Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

to get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Spoiler

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

@lastfro 

As mentioned above, no family plans with Public mobile.  You will need a different email address for a second account, but can use the same credit card for autopay.  

In general, Public mobile is well suited for a kid's cell plan.  There is no extra charges or overages.  For example, once the account runs out of data, it just stops working until next renewal date.  If your 10 year old needs a basic phone plan, the $15 or $25 plans are decent value plans for low data usage users.  

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@lastfro wrote:

Hello friends

I was thinking about getting a phone/plan for my 10yo for Christmas. What are my options with Public Mobile as far as family plans/2nd account go?

Thank you very much,

Filip

@lastfro 

There are no such things as family plans at PM. Each account needs to be opened on its own with a different email address (you can use an alias though to have all messages sent to your child directed to your email instead).

You can use your referral code when opening your child's account so he/she can get a one-time $10 credit and you'll get the $1 /cycle reward as long as he/she stays a member.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@lastfro 

Public Mobile doesn't have family plans.  All plans are individual and require a 2nd account.

If you are a current customer, use your referral code (found on your self-serve landing page), to use during the activation of the 2nd account.

Welcome (again) to Public Mobile!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.