cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FaceTime and Pic Messages not working

Livia22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve had public mobile for almost a month, and just the past week I can’t send or receive photo messages. And FaceTime connects but can’t hear or see anything. I have an iPhone, data is on. Help!

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Livia22 

Try rebooting your phone by powering off then back on.

I had an issue with my iPhone 8 this morning. It wouldn’t connect to my home WiFi and kept on saying wrong password when I entered the password. I had to reboot the phone a couple of time before it finally connected.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Livia22 

Turn both cellular data and roaming ON. 

Next, turn OFF Messages & Facetime,  wait 5 mins and  turn them back  ON . This will force a reset of Apple servers to your new phone.

And check if you have the correct setup for messaging:

Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON,
Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive should show your phone # and Apple ID email.

Setup for Facetime also should show your phone # and Apple ID email

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Livia22  .turn face time off and iMessage off . Then go to general in settings and shut  phone down wait a minute turn phone back on and go turn on iMessage and turn on face time again and it should all ne working correctly again 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Livia22  have you tried to reboot your iphone?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Livia22 

your mobile data and voice working?

First, make sure your iOS and carrier profile both  updated

And try this:

1. Go to  Settings app, tap Cellular/Mobile Data. Confirm your phone line is turned on. If you have eSIM, make sure the PM phone number  is selected and turned on.
  2. Go to Settings,  Messages, then tap Send & Receive.
  3. Tap the phone number that you want to use with Messages.
  4. Go Back to the main Settings menu, then FaceTime.
  5. Tap the phone number that you want to use with ‌FaceTime‌.

Need Help? Let's chat.